Re: Royd Minstrel Problem

Unread post by Ninanina »

Thanks familyguy.... thats what i had in mind

Ninanina
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Having swapped out the Minstrels (until I fix them) and replacing first with my LS3/5a's and then my (spare :lol: ) Royd A7X's, made me realise just how good the Minstrels are

The LS3/5a's now sound rather flat and lifeless. I have had these speakers for years and never thought I would part with them; lots of equipment changes but these have stayed

The A7X's are good but not as good as the Minstrels

I hope I can fix them :pray:

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

These are very good speakers indeed .Just be careful because you can't buy spares for these , they're like the proverbial hens teeth . I had the same problem with mine .Good news is it's an easy fix. :D

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Ninanina wrote:Having swapped out the Minstrels (until I fix them) and replacing first with my LS3/5a's and then my (spare :lol: ) Royd A7X's, made me realise just how good the Minstrels are

The LS3/5a's now sound rather flat and lifeless. I have had these speakers for years and never thought I would part with them; lots of equipment changes but these have stayed

The A7X's are good but not as good as the Minstrels

I hope I can fix them :pray:
I have yet to hear a pair of Royd speakers, but I have never heard a bad word about them

Ninanina

Well ive done what i can and it seems fine at the moment. I can quite see that this may happen again as the clearance is so tiny between the voice coil and magnet pole

Thanks for all the help :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

As long as you keep using them it wont happen, it only happens when they are not used for an extended time, like months or years.

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

Ninanina wrote:Well ive done what i can and it seems fine at the moment. I can quite see that this may happen again as the clearance is so tiny between the voice coil and magnet pole

Thanks for all the help :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done :dance: