Fuses

All general audio posts go here.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Fuses

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

From a legal perspective, the concept of duty of care is pernicious and often difficult to get grips with, so it is often easier to just enforce a blanket ban on potential issues. Having said that I very much doubt a duty of care is created upon the owners/moderators to readers consequent of some dangerous crap which a member wrote and a punter followed to their detriment.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The point is in this case it is not dangerous crap.

Sovereign
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

Daniel Quinn wrote:From a legal perspective, the concept of duty of care is pernicious and often difficult to get grips with, so it is often easier to just enforce a blanket ban on potential issues. Having said that I very much doubt a duty of care is created upon the owners/moderators to readers consequent of some dangerous crap which a member wrote and a punter followed to their detriment.
I know you do hear of some ridiculous outcomes in the law courts, but surely the Magistrates/Judges have more sense than this.

Daniel Quinn

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The point is in this case it is not dangerous crap.
I was inexplicably defending wigwam doc , not referring to this thread . Dont worry it wont happen again :D

Daniel Quinn

Sovereign wrote:I know you do hear of some ridiculous outcomes in the law courts, but surely the Magistrates/Judges have more sense than this.
Sovereign, such matters fall under the jurisdiction of the county court civil judges. And whilst we have the finest High Court judges in the world, county court judges are 60% well meaning but have no expertise in 70% of the cases that come before them. 30% idiots who would'nt know a civil procedure rule if you hit them on the head with the 3000 page book of rules, and 10% psychopaths.

justice is a process not an outcome.
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sovereign

Thanks Daniel, great to have a expert to shed some light.
Getting back to the ridiculous policy of the Wam, the child in me wants to do a 'naked streak' and start a thread stating that it is safe to take fuses out of plugs and see what happens :drool:

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

You'd get banned.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: justice is a process not an outcome.
:clap: how very true.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

Sovereign

Tempting but I won't, The wam is a good place to buy and sell. It was my introduction to NVA after all

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

I forgot to mention I have the 15amp sockets running off a Radial circuit which I think makes a big difference but don't try this yourselves as you need a qualified electrician to install it for you (as our health and safety mummy state like's to take care of us)
Last edited by applemarc on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beresford Caiman Ipod