Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I must admit I have given up with their bloody rudeness. Like the coming straight at you on your side of the road because they want to jump the queue to a traffic light, they expect you to go into the gutter or up the pavement for them. I don't bother any more I just drive straight at them so they have to stop and cut up the line of traffic they are passing, and then they swear at me :roll:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

If the event was just as you described I don't blame you, it's what I would do too, cheeky bastards.
On the other hand I've known many occasions where I've overtaken vehicles into on-coming traffic that was probably several hundred metres away and they would be flashing their lights or blasting the horn when there really was no reason. I think a lot of car owners simply don't understand the power to weight ratio of a bike and just how quickly an overtaking move can be made.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Lazmo
Been thanked: 0
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Well Gentlemen !
From my point of view and most bikers i know feel the same way the LOUD exhaust allows you know we are there amongst other things as well with the lights (i never use main beam in daylight and am aware of what my bike is doing all the time but cannot vouch for other's ) ALL life saving measure's to make you the other road user aware we are there because believe it or not the average road user does not and they are not even looking for us they are far too busy having conversation's with the wife or texting /talking on the phone listening to the radio anything but concentrating on the art of driving .
So it is left to us to MAKE you aware in as many ways as we can that we are there and would like to stay alive long enough to pursue our love of motorcycling .
As zebbo said we can push our luck but that is because we are better drivers :P and more spacially aware and alert of our situation at anytime on the road as anyone who has been on a driver rehabilitation course the ex policemen/instructors will tell you this same fact :D Now none of us are perfect road user's so have a little thought next time your out there! OH and put a bike aware sticker in your rear window please :auto-swerve:

So if you are upset and angry that the motorcyclist share's the same road as you i suggest you take public transport or even better stay at home and have a nice cup of tea look after your blood pressure and leave the roads to the motorcycle :auto-nx:
man they even given us emoticons to aid us in our point of view .
Btw zebbo you should have just bought a smaller bike or a tourer or something boring and sedate rather than give it up .
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Lazmo wrote:Well Gentlemen !
So if you are upset and angry that the motorcyclist share's the same road as you i suggest you take public transport or even better stay at home and have a nice cup of tea look after your blood pressure and leave the roads to the motorcycle.
Nope, I will drive normally and just let you all kill yourselves, which you seem to be doing quite effectively without my help. Now lets look at a little reality - there are far more uninsured, unregistered, untaxed, illegal bikes on the road than cars. There are far more unlicenced and banned bike riders on the road than car drivers (qualification - relative to overall numbers of each). You see you think you can always outrun the police, which is why the miniscule number plates no one can read.

If a bike hits my car I am unlikely to die, where as the biker likely will, and I don't think bikers care about that fact. Perhaps they should start thinking about their families as opposed to themselves.

Sorry but you picked a pet beef of mine, along with young male teenage drivers with P reg Vauxhall Corsas who think they are in a grand prix - grand prick would be a better expression.

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Well having been enjoying motorcycles for 36 yrs now and still alive and still watching out for other idiot road user's your facts dont add up it's damn near impossible to run a bike on the road now without tax mot and insurance also they are all linked via the mot station and one or neither of the other and you dont stand a chance and knowing coppers in my area they tell me the figures of stolen and illegal bikes on the road is low.

Also as a subjectivist you should not tar all with the same brush we do as much as we can to remain safe and cause as little grief for us and our families as possible some are more wreckless than others but the majority of my friends are sensible safe riders the chancers in big cities and couriers and the like i cannot speak for .

As for out runing the police you have been watching to much police camera action or other such poor programs.
spend your time on the young idiots in the fast cars with no road experience they deserve your attention more like the 21 yr old in a subaru that decked my friend by doing a u turn in front of him no road sense no idea of the power of this car just a lead foot and a head full of shit he'd seen on the tv or you tube probably NO formal training it shouldnt be allowed and is not if you take your M/C test .
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We will have to agree to differ, I can only observe what I see, experience (and hear). I must admit you tend to only notice the idiots, but there do seem a lot of them. Also Epping is on the doorstep to Harlow, which seems to be idiot central for bikers. Local police have told me they think about a third of the bikes used in Harlow are illegal in some way and about 20% of riders have no licence. They tell stories of the idiots who come out at night to *perform* in front of them, and the impossible nature of catching them in a car.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

So why don't the police catch errant bikers by doing a Steve McQueen from the Great Escape with a bit of wire tied between 2 lamp-posts? Are the police so busy that they don't have time to watch the TV every Boxing Day? :geek:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Problem is they are not allowed to kill the people they are chasing, this is not the US you know :violence-guntoting:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Problem is they are not allowed to kill the people they are chasing, this is not the US you know :violence-guntoting:
THANK GOD
I lived there for a while, the police are soooo over the top that most, if not all civilians hated them.

Cooler King

Unread post by Cooler King »

Lindsayt wrote:So why don't the police catch errant bikers by doing a Steve McQueen from the Great Escape
:D