AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am
Another thought - making it a HFS based event will obviously get all the knob heads chuntering. I am sure Westie would love it to be organised there, you have Macca and Bigboy then :mrgreen:
It would be good to have a cooperative across different forums - I'm a hopeless optimist.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am
For me I am happy as long as it has no product or person blocks and censorship involved in it. I would probably not attend as too far. It has been part of my fun for years pretending I am going to turn up.
I wouldn't be involved in a 'public' bake-off that bans anyone due to forum politics.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Today, 22:09 #318 Macca
Drunken Moderator

The scoring was only done out of casual interest. You can't really score hi-fi, All of them sounded very good, no obvious flaws anywhere. I think what people preferred came down mainly to taste in presentation rather than actual quality, although the more expensive stages did have a bit more to them it wasn't devastating advantage. I thought the Russell and the AQvox were clearly the best, I was in a minority (possibly of one) so there is little consistency once preference comes into it.

In my view if you want a definitive answer to what's 'The Best' you go on the measurements because they are definable and independent of subjective taste. But we all know we could buy the best measuring phono stage in the world and after a while decide we don't actually like it that much.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well this in my opinion is the defining post as to the quality and value of that bake-off. At Uddersfield even small changes in power supplies were easily audible even with the same make unit, opinions were clear, difference were easily heard and confidently commented on, all very much in agreement amoungst the independent attendees and the *honest* trade who were present. The other trade later became honest and agreed with the rest.

All this proves is the venue and / or the system at Stoke was crap.

I have built two stages today a P2 and a P3 for loans and to hear them burn in was quite clear and obvious. Also the differences between 1 x PSU, 2 x PSU, and 1 x BBPSU was as clear as a summer day. So if you can't hear the differences between different manufactures you were either all deaf or with damaged hearing and brains (unlikely) or *something* was stopping you hearing it.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:23 am

I would take consolation from the heat affects us.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:51 am

I see that Il Dulce is back from polluting the air and sewers of Scotland (fascist dictator out and Trump in - poor Scotland) and has straight away waded into the World Cup thread extolling the virtues of his so called prowess as a pundit.

At this point, its well worth reminding you of his "move the goalposts" or "hedging his bets" methodology when trying (and by trying I mean failing) to look like he's the foremost expert on footballing matters:

https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com/201 ... isdom.html

Add this to the growing list of things he thinks he's an expert on, but in reality, the complete opposite is closer to the truth :naughty:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 am

The mans ego demands it.

Note we are not seeing holiday snaps, normally the forum is flooded with them. Why? has he really become so gross. Each place he visits must now be famous, I understand he is having Blue Wall Plates made for places he stays - The Marco stayed here and date.

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 pm

oh god he's know decided he's a home cinema guru. Listening in his tiled floor kitchen and extolling the vurtues of dolby atmos when he doesn't have the speaker setup to take advantage of it

Bernard Quatermass
Great Britain

Unread post by Bernard Quatermass » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Marco has also started infesting the "what are you listening to now" classical music thread on AOS, pretending to be an expert on differing versions of the works of Shostakovich. There are other examples to check out if you really have nothing better to do.

It's actually a very good thread. Jerry (JANDL) and Tom (montesquieu) really know their stuff and provide some excellent recommendations.

Comar's last recommendation was for a Hilary Hahn recording. I bet all he was thinking about when he saw the cover was more suited to his three words daily thread.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:01 am

I am not sure if we are going to avoid mentioning the owner least we feed the troubled ego. However the 3 words attention seeking posts may be unwise, I wonder what the residents of Wrexham would make of that guy with the loud music who posts things like ‘wanked over by’. Now this is an adult living amongst people he has a low opinion of, a few feet from warm weather outdoor drinkers next door.

What would you do if people got the wrong idea? Chubby chap, middle aged, talking about wanking. Explain yourself sir

I have tried wank Wrexham in google but perhaps a bit too soon

Brian Griffin
Cyprus

Unread post by Brian Griffin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 pm

alfer wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:01 am
Now this is an adult living amongst people he has a low opinion of, a few feet from warm weather outdoor drinkers next door.
this is one of the largest contradictions between "marco as he would like to be seen by the world", and reality.

he presents himself as financially "successful", but actually lives in his wife's mother's house which is in the middle of a sink council estate in Wrexham, of all godforsaken places! epic self-deception.

can't say i blame him for his bake-off photography blackout rule, though. if i looked like that, i'd do the same.

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Where does the wires mother live?