Interconnect changes

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Interconnect changes

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am dropping the Soundpipe from the range. In future only Supersoundpipe and Soundcord.

So there will be some half price Soundpipe cables, just a few as I have 10m of raw cable to use up, which means 5m of SP stereo cable sets.

Also the loss leader special offer on Soundcords is ended, from now on they will be the price as listed in the price list.

Citrus
Been thanked: 0

Re: Interconnect changes

Unread post by Citrus »

Knew I should have ordered those SCs last week - was going to ask if you could do a 1.5m one with standard phonos one end and a stereo headphone mini jack the other (only coming from the TV to the pre) - for ease, I'd have supplied you the single stereo jack :doh:

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Shame about that as I had a softspot for the SP. More refined than the SC with a great midrange and very sweet top end but lacking the bass of the SSP. The SSP has it all but the SP is still a great interconnect and in the right system hard to beat. But totally understand that commercial needs must.
Last edited by 29mile on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

29mile wrote:Shame about that as I had a softspot for the SP. More refined than the SC with a great midrange and very sweet top end but lacking the bass of the SSP. The SSP has it all but the SP is still a great interconnect and in the right system hard to beat.
Too many products, got to cut down. Also I need to prioritise my time more effectively.

Yes the Soundpipe is good, but it is still a real pain as most people don't understand how to use rigid cables, and I can't justify the extra price of the locking plugs with them. So I have decided to get the Soundcord to contribute the same % profit as other NVA products and not used as a loss leader, it is not a cheap cable in raw form.

Also I am contemplating making the Supersoundpipe (SSP) only fitted with the Neutrik Profi cable locking plug as standard with the attendant price increase.

Rigid cable rules are important 1/ dont bend to shape close to the plug give at least an inch 2/ don't twist the plug in use on fitting or removing, pull or push straight.

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Totally understand the logic Richard and thoroughly recommend going the Profi route as it cuts down on the potential cardiac arrest when changing interconnects etc :mrgreen:

jamesyao
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jamesyao »

Hi Richard,

I am interesting half price of soundpipe cable, due to you closed ebay shop, I cannot see the original price of SP. may I know what is half price of 80cm soundpipe cable? Do I need to buy them through ebay or here? Please advice.

Regards

James

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jamesyao wrote:Hi Richard,

I am interesting half price of soundpipe cable, due to you closed ebay shop, I cannot see the original price of SP. may I know what is half price of 80cm soundpipe cable? Do I need to buy them through ebay or here? Please advice.

Regards

James
Go to the subforum of this one called "NVA Orders", start a new thread ordering what you want and pay by paypal to my email address. 80cm SP = £45 + postage (call it £5, if its more to China I will tell you after posting).