Welcome to the new forum

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Rick
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Welcome to the new forum

Unread post by Rick »

Hi,

That's me on board as well.

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

Alfa Rommies - well, I'm not in the same league as some of you guys, but in me yoof I had an Alfasud Ti. A small 1196cc engine, but by gum it was ultra responsive and huge amounts of fun to drive. :dance:
Shame about the rust! :roll:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

jandl100 wrote:Shame about the rust!
Apparently they made them out of a high proportion of recycled metal. Loved the sound of them though.

schwantz34

Unread post by schwantz34 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Alfasud Sprint Veloce
to be honest the last real alfa romeo was the 75 (the last model with rear wheel drive) then...nothing...btw i prefer a lot more the lotus and the caterham, more a go-kart than a car but great to drive...(As i was a week end 2strokes go-karter ) :-)

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

schwantz34 wrote:
to be honest the last real alfa romeo was the 75 (the last model with rear wheel drive) then...nothing...btw i prefer a lot more the lotus and the caterham, more a go-kart than a car but great to drive...(As i was a week end 2strokes go-karter ) :-)
Never owned an Alfa (nearly did once) but did build and own a Caterham 7 1.6 Supersport in 1997-2000. Enormous fun, nearly as much as motorcycling. Sold it to put the money towards a deposit for a house.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

schwantz34

Gromit wrote:
schwantz34 wrote:
Never owned an Alfa (nearly did once) but did build and own a Caterham 7 1.6 Supersport in 1997-2000. Enormous fun, nearly as much as motorcycling. Sold it to put the money towards a deposit for a house.
i remember Gromit, i remember , was a yellow one and you put on your head a baseball hat while driving :-)
Last edited by schwantz34 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

schwantz34 wrote:
i remember Gromit, i remember , wasa yellow one and you put on your head a baseball hat while driving :-)
It was an aluminium/black one actually...and the baseball hat was because of the sunshine. 8-)
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

schwantz34

Gromit wrote:
schwantz34 wrote:
i remember Gromit, i remember , wasa yellow one and you put on your head a baseball hat while driving :-)
It was an aluminium/black one actually...and the baseball hat was because of the sunshine. 8-)
memory makes some tricks on me ... :D

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait »

jandl100 wrote:Alfa Rommies - well, I'm not in the same league as some of you guys, but in me yoof I had an Alfasud Ti. A small 1196cc engine, but by gum it was ultra responsive and huge amounts of fun to drive. :dance:
Shame about the rust! :roll:
The 'sud is a great car. As for rust, never had any problem with the 166, and the 164 has a fully galvanised body so nowt to worry about there at least.

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait »

schwantz34 wrote:
Have to disagree there. The 164 may be front wheel drive, but it still has the Busso V6 laying down it's glorious soundtrack. IMO it is every inch an Alfa in the best sense of the word.