A40 Mk2 and P50 Burn in ?

All things NVA
AshM750.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A40 Mk2 and P50 Burn in ?

Unread post by AshM750. »

Daniel Quinn wrote:If you can get the money from selling the speakers why not , nobody needs 8 sets of speakers . ;)

p.s - your wife did not put me up to this :lol:
Im a Royd collector, I believe they are one of the best speaker brands ever made, maybe these CUBES will take over. You are begining to sound like the wife but what you say is true, I dont need loads of speakers. :(

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

All this burn-in stuff...

I've now had the dem BMU in my office/workshop system for a couple of weeks now and, like the home-made A70 (using re-conditioned boards by permission) and the other bits, it's on all day every day. When fitted originally, after I'd sorted the primary mains feeds to the components, I 'imagined' the sound was slightly better, as the T.I.S. did for the digital side (to preamp), yet now, I just take the sound totally for granted and just get on with listening to the music and audio-plays I have. I'm so happy I don't want to change anything and, as far as taking the BMU out, I remember how the sound seemed to become more monochromatic when the T.I.S. was removed. I suspect that removing the BMU would do much the same and despite being plonked on its side, it's pretty quiet once it has a few minutes under its belt.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am convinced there are two burn ins 1/ the product 2/ the customer.

When you are set in stone with a specific sound, especially like valves or flat earth (or Naim especially) on first listen it is the differences that show up and you look for what you had, but better. If you just leave it on and listen you get past that and you get more used to the more natural presentation, it is then when you go back to the old stuff you see the reality!! and it can be quite a shock. That is customer burn in :mrgreen:

The problem I have with some Naim users (recently with Paul Messenger) is they don't allow the time to let this happen and sometimes the brainwash is just too ingrained.

AshM750.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I am convinced there are two burn ins 1/ the product 2/ the customer.

When you are set in stone with a specific sound, especially like valves or flat earth (or Naim especially) on first listen it is the differences that show up and you look for what you had, but better. If you just leave it on and listen you get past that and you get more used to the more natural presentation, it is then when you go back to the old stuff you see the reality!! and it can be quite a shock. That is customer burn in :mrgreen:

The problem I have with some Naim users (recently with Paul Messenger) is they don't allow the time to let this happen and sometimes the brainwash is just too ingrained.
That is exactly what happend to me, I completly agree with you.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

same here,i was reasonably happy with a Nait5i and a bit underwhelmed when i got an AP70.After a couple of weeks i put the naim back in and was horrified by the sound it made,and sold it the next week.Needless to say the ap70 won't be going anywhere soon.I think my ears were opened rather than burnt thou' :grin: :grin:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Paul Messenger may well be an old and good friend of yours, but he was 'in the Linn/Naim zone' right back in the mid to late 70's - that's FORTY years ago now. I know that product loyalty can be strong with so many of us and Naim have always had a great customer service, if an extremely pricey one, but for me it's just that I now see through JV's expertise and entrenched way of doing things - he was as narrow-minded in his way as the 'objective engineers' were accused of being at the time. Mind you, would Naim be making better gear now with new fresh designs had JV lived? Instead of which, we're getting vinegary old wine dressed up in trendy new bottles and changes, rather than real progression.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

AshM750. wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:If you can get the money from selling the speakers why not , nobody needs 8 sets of speakers . ;)

Im a Royd collector, I believe they are one of the best speaker brands ever made, maybe these CUBES will take over. You are begining to sound like the wife but what you say is true, I dont need loads of speakers. :(
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

AshM750.

terrybooth wrote:
AshM750. wrote:

For nearly £80 thats a bargin, do you think I have a problem! :lol: Heres another one! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/art ... -less.html

AshM750.

Hi again everyone, I am sorry to bring this thread alive again but I really need to get this off my chest!!!

This Pre/Power combo is blowing me away, I just keep playing the same songs over and over again and hearing something new everytime. The detail retrieval on these things are absoloutly outstanding, paired with my floorstanders the bass is everything ive dreamed of, when I said the A40s had no bass I must have been deaf. I just cant believe what im listening to!!!! What an idiot I was to believe that my overpriced Naim was better than this amazing peice of craftsmanship !

Thank You for everyones help through the difficult first 2 weeks as it was worth the bloody wait I tell you!!!!! :grin:

Advice to anybody out there who is looking to purchase NVA products, do it and i promise, you will not regret it !!!!

Three cheers to NVA, :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance:

MUSIC IS NOW MUSIC

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Ash, I can see that you have now better pre and cables, was it a big difference to what you have previously?
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...