NVA bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't think you can patent something like that, even getting copyright on a well used word wouldn't seem logical. Though it is true that if I could have made money for all the things I did first then you may be right.

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

It shouldn't be the case, but there's a loose precedent. I read about Warren Buffer (the Boxing announcer) recently:

Buffer began using the phrase "Let's get ready to rumble!" in 1984. By 1992, he acquired a federal trademark for the phrase. Buffer uses his famous phrase in various licensing deals including the platinum selling album Jock Jams by Tommy Boy Records, the video games Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 for the PlayStation 2, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast and Game Boy Advance and Greatest Heavyweights of the Ring for the Sega Genesis and numerous other products. In addition, he has used variations of the phrase in advertisements, including the popular commercial for Mega Millions in which he says "Let's get ready to Win Big!" and the Kraft Cheese commercial in which he says "Let's get ready to Crumble!" and most recently for Progressive Insurance in which he says "Let's get ready to bundle!"

As of 2009, the catchphrase has generated $400 million in revenue from licensing the trademark.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Buffer

Apologies for taking the thread OT.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:OK :-? I still don't understand letter, do you mean latter. And I have never referred to any thing I have ever made as a Sig product, I find that severe arrogant bullshit, and normally a trick to get some more money and appeal to snobs. Signing a product, what the feck does that do for the music :roll:

I use the not quite :mrgreen: so bad description of statement products, which I first used in 1989 and was the first to use it, but it has been copied many times since.
I'm sure Terry's Sig means his signature equipment at the bottom of his posts. :grin:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Sorry for the confusion, t'm pointing at my signature for the forum.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ah! ok.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I don't think you can patent something like that, even getting copyright on a well used word wouldn't seem logical. Though it is true that if I could have made money for all the things I did first then you may be right.
I think you could have registered it as a Trade mark.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Anyway back to the bake-off.

Yours loved NVA, where as the Darius one hated NVA. I have to get the gear up lifted from Darius so do you want it re-routed to you. So you get to hear bigger amp (AP50), bigger cables, and NVA speakers (Cube2).

Neilwootton

Unread post by Neilwootton »

That would be fantastic Doc, I can get another small get together arranged.

Neilwootton

Unread post by Neilwootton »

My address and phone number pm'd Doc.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Also of if you find the time can you do comparative write ups of each product for my Reviews Thread. For example Phono2 v other phonos you had to compare it with.