NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
alcarmichael
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Unread post by alcarmichael »

Well what an introduction :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Good to see you here.

alcarmichael

Good to be here.
I have to say after your eBay reply, my first thought was - this guy seems like a bit of an arse! After reading this thread though I completely understand how pissed off you must be.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

As a parting shot, I do hope the amp is working when you receive it. Do please consider a passive pre such as the P20 at least, to get the full potential out of it if you don't have one, as both this and the speaker cable work so well with other power amps in my daily experience ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

alcarmichael

I honestly don't know what I should do with this amp now. It's bought and paid for but not yet collected as I've just returned from holiday. This thread has been a complete eye opener.
I do have a passive pre I bought used from wigwam I think it was, I can't even remember what brand it is, it was bought out of curiosity and as yet remains unused.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:As a parting shot, I do hope the amp is working when you receive it. Do please consider a passive pre such as the P20 at least, to get the full potential out of it if you don't have one, as both this and the speaker cable work so well with other power amps in my daily experience ;)
FFS Dave do you want this saga to carry on and on and on. He should not get involved with that amp in any way, it is toxic. Cancel payment, contact the sellers and give them a piece of his mind for not telling him. AND what makes you think I will supply anything to go with that amp be it cable pre-amp or anything!!!

As I say this has no comeback on alcarmichael, he just saw what seemed an astonishing bargain. BUT as with all scammers, if it looks too good to be true then it is too good to be true.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

ssfas

Wammer

493 posts

I had in mind the chap who actually makes them, who is not Richard Dunn.

Anyway, my rule is always to find out who's in charge and go direct, whoever the manufacturer. Always go to the person at the top first. It tends to work.
********************************************************************************************************

So who does he think makes them, or are they bought from China :lol: :lol: I have just asked my wife if she made it and she has denied it. My cat who was alive back then can't answer if it was him, but his work tended to be covered with cat hair and cat food and the occasional nasty deposit of an unmentionable substance.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

It's a backhanded compliment Doc. You're being accused of not making something that doesn't work. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Don't tell Marco he will be fuming :lol:

alcarmichael

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:ssfas

Wammer

493 posts

I had in mind the chap who actually makes them, who is not Richard Dunn.

Anyway, my rule is always to find out who's in charge and go direct, whoever the manufacturer. Always go to the person at the top first. It tends to work.
********************************************************************************************************

So who does he think makes them, or are they bought from China :lol: :lol: I have just asked my wife if she made it and she has denied it. My cat who was alive back then can't answer if it was him, but his work tended to be covered with cat hair and cat food and the occasional nasty deposit of an unmentionable substance.
This post confused me too!