Jerry's ongoing system blog

All general audio posts go here.
jandl100
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jerry's ongoing system blog

Unread post by jandl100 »

Last edited by jandl100 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

familyguy
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by familyguy »

Nice reviews Jerry . Always interested to read your informative and entertaining words. I particularly like the look of the McCormack player , although I have gone down the music server route and am very happy doing what I'm doing.
Keep up the good work matey. :D

jandl100

Thanks for your kind comments, familyguy!

---- do you have a name you would care to share? Perhaps put it in your permanent signature that appears on all your posts?

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

familyguy

Yes Jerry , my name is Brian , I'll try and edit whatever it is I have to edit :roll: to include my real name . Just follow the dawg and what he's reading. :D

jandl100

Ah yep - I did notice the Brian in your avatar after I posted!

familyguy

S'okay mate . I can't find how to put my real name into my settings . Perhaps you , or one of the bright sparks here , can help . Do you review much in the way of cables BTW , that is more my thing .

jandl100

I'll PM you about the siggie, Brian.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Jerry, Good to have you back on board...... :clap:

Man you certainly like yer toy's..............Nice looking deck, and fully auto mode must be a blessing...Ya lazy Twat. :lol:
Takes me back to some real early decks that you could stack 4 or 5 albums on the spindle....The LP equivalent of CD auto changers eh.... :dance:

Im sure its a great CD player, and you seem to have copped a fine bargain, But im affraid i cant get to enthused over exotic (pricey) CD players IMHO good budget
players have come on leaps and bounds over the years, and i reckon lashing out big dosh just aint justified..... :doh:

Quad..... I find them eh...... :think: ..........wooly sounding - its like someone's thrown a duvet over the speakers.

All the best i enjoy yer blog..... :whistle:

jandl100

jammy395 wrote:.... But im affraid i cant get to enthused over exotic (pricey) CD players IMHO good budget
players have come on leaps and bounds over the years, and i reckon lashing out big dosh just aint justified..... :doh:
Hmmm ... :think: ... slip that McCormack CDP into your system and you just might get a bit of a surprise! :shock: :mrgreen:

jandl100

:snooty:
Last edited by jandl100 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.