Should the 5 min rule stay

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Should the 5 min rule stay

Unread post by Classicrock »

Is it possible to restrict 5 min rule to EOTW section rather than the whole forum? (or even the AOS thread?)
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brit-pop »

My only opinion on EOTW is as I've already stated, you don't need it and it does HFS no credit. YVMV.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

For people that it has stood up for and helped it has made HFS great credit in their eyes, it is your eyes that are clouded. Perhaps if you ever needed a platform for something or someone who has wronged you in the industry your opinion would change.

Before I close EOTW I would close the whole forum.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Classicrock wrote:Is it possible to restrict 5 min rule to EOTW section rather than the whole forum? (or even the AOS thread?)
Admins have talked about it. "There are two settings. One limits the time to edit, the other the time to delete a post. Both are set to 5 mins at the moment." and that is all we have in our options on this, remove all restrictions as it was or make the time longer. Remember what "the victim" in this said, that he (Marco) emailed him with threats within 5 mins of him making the post here.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Ffs a genuine problem was highlighted there is no other solution. People will just have
to live with it.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Most annoying will be not being able to correct spelling mistakes. Probably after a week or two we'll be used to it - I don't think it will change the character of the forum in any way.

Although it is, to an extent, an admission that there is a pressure from Marco' s megalomaniac actions and those active on both forums may well feel less freedom to express genuine opinions on HFS.

Anybody with hacking skills feel like having a go at Marco's own forum accounts?

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I already correct lots of spelling mistakes if they make a post difficult to read. If none of you mind I can correct all posts for spelling as I read them all.

I try to keep it to a minimum with DQ otherwise I would change his on-line personality :grin:

brit-pop
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brit-pop »

Fretless wrote:Most annoying will be not being able to correct spelling mistakes. Probably after a week or two we'll be used to it - I don't think it will change the character of the forum in any way.

Although it is, to an extent, an admission that there is a pressure from Marco' s megalomaniac actions and those active on both forums may well feel less freedom to express genuine opinions on HFS.

Anybody with hacking skills feel like having a go at Marco's own forum accounts?
Both immoral and possibly illegal. I'd suggest editing that last sentence out.... oops you cant!

Lets hope nobody does it right?

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

The fascist in question is no doubt following all discussions here - just trying to make him a bit (more) paranoid.

We have a weird extreme-right politician here in Holland called Geert Wilders. His 'Freedom Party' has only one member, himself. And any action taken by his parliamentary followers has to be cleared first by him. For some strange reason he is bizarrely popular amongst the less-educated/intelligent sections of the electorate. His policies and approach are strongly reminiscent of Oswald Moseley.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Who do you think wrote this Brit.

"I now know where you live and you're going to get your cunt kicked right in, not right away, but sometime soon, you won't know when... You're going to regret what you done and wish that you had never born. Watch your back, my friend."
"You won't be asking that question when you're lobbed into the back of a van..."
"Well the difference this time, dickhead, is that you've messed with the wrong person - you haven't got a fucking clue who you're dealing with... I'll enjoy spitting in your grave."
"He's getting his cunt kicked in, too. We might also terrorise his wife and kid, just for a giggle, like, you understand. We do know where you live but it's much more fun fucking with your head making you WONDER if we know where you live, or not.........Does Eaton Socon in Cambridgeshire ring a bell? That's all you're getting. We found out your details by tracing your IP address through your BT Internet phone line. Watch you back, pal, and enjoy the rest of your life in one piece while you can..."

Well your esteemed leader of course, so is this not even more immoral and illegal :roll: