Allison Six refurb

A place for DIY project discussions.
kazam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Allison Six refurb

Unread post by kazam »

With ringing in my ears, I considered the smilie as universal communication. 11 pages of these I digested. I will persevere with the English language (for now).

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Well all this proves Marco hasn't changed his ways. It should be clear you are not NVA or NVA employee to any sane individual.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Kaz is now 'as associated with NVA' as I am perceived to be. Email after email after email proves this and the hatred is palpable I'm afraid. The 'hangers on' stirring the pot for the two main protagonists really don't help at all imo and if anything, make it worse.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Kaz is now 'as associated with NVA' as I am perceived to be. Email after email after email proves this and the hatred is palpable I'm afraid. The 'hangers on' stirring the pot for the two main protagonists really don't help at all imo and if anything, make it worse.
"Palpable hatred" Oh surely not that bad Dave........ :o

We would surely need to stir our pot's really fast to make it worse than that. :hand: :guiness;

Lazmo
Jamaica

Unread post by Lazmo »

Well now ! I have removed the wadding from my allison's and they do sound more airy more musical the mid and vocal seems a little sweeter and the bass a little lower and tighter methinks the wadding will remain where it is in it's 5p carrier bags X2 that's 10p this wadding removal is getting expensive doc :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbup:
The LARGE print giveth - and the small print taketh away.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Nice one Lazmo...... :clap:

Kind of makes you wonder wtf they put it in to start with....... :think: :doh:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Lazmo wrote:Well now ! I have removed the wadding from my allison's and they do sound more airy more musical the mid and vocal seems a little sweeter and the bass a little lower and tighter methinks the wadding will remain where it is in it's 5p carrier bags X2 that's 10p this wadding removal is getting expensive doc :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbup:
Excellent news Lazmo! Glad to read you've taken the first leap of faith into Docs knowledge pool. There's no turning back now you understand. :naughty: :clap:

The hi-fi industry is so full of :bulls1: it's obscene.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The slippery slope towards music :lol: :lol:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Indeed Doc, resistance is futile :lol:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

Really pleased with how these have turned out given that it was my first attempt. Had a good session with them last night and they certainly did not disappoint. They do the Cube projection thing and sound remarkably full scale given their relative compact dimensions. The cabinets were looking dull and tired, but a bit of elbow grease and some beeswax has brought new life.