Loan Service

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Loan Service

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You obviously missed the beginnings of it. Chris posted into the TSCS loan thread that I was ripping people off and he had a cheap cable that would be much better sounding than the TSCS because a NVA cable user had changed to using it. I just couldn't believe what I was reading or that the owners and mods were going to allow it. In the end after I complained it was changed into a separate thread, but not before the usual NVA dissers had joined in to try and take advantage like Noddy and Greg :x and once again NVA has to become the forum whipping boy with NO RIGHT OF REPLY :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

jayman67
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jayman67 »

yes i only joined at the weekend,it must be very frustrating for you not being able to reply so i understand.
The thread Dave and myself wrote on is in the 'accessories' section. :guiness;
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OBVIOUSLY I know about that thread it is what I am talking about. That is where Martin moved it to and removed some of the most controversial stuff, but still left up long enough for everyone to read it :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

And still I am not allowed a right of reply, and why should Dave (DSJR) have to deal with it, it pisses him off as well. The whole situation is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that could be solved in one small guesture by giving me access to the forum again, even if pre-moderated.

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

oh ok
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So how are you going to post now in that thread, at least you understand now why Dave reacted the way he did.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I see that originator of this mythological super cable thread has decided they sound best as 8 meters pairs twisted together . ;)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

If it's anything like Chord Rumour and Odyssey, it'll be bright and shiny sounding. I doubled up the Odyssey when I no longer needed bi-wired runs and can confirm the bass fleshes out a little as described, but the scrappy slightly chrome-plated hf remains. This is fine with 'mellow' overdamped-treble speakers like the now old Spendor S and Se floor standing models from the early noughties that I'm rather fond of, but the clearer the speakers and system as a whole, the scrappier and more ragged-hi-fi this cable shows itself to be. One area I DO agree with Marco on is his choice of the admittedly extremely expensive VDH 'The Wind' speaker cable, as it helps a good system to 'breathe' in the bass and hf is delightfully natural and 'un-forced' I remember with no added hash or 'grain' - it's some years since I listened to any though.

I imagine fans of this wonder-cable will find NVA cables a little too 'gentle' and less 'obvious' in presentation. My take, for what it's worth, is that the higher the resolution of the system and the better balanced the treble regions, a more subtle sounding cable would be preferred - and my daily system doesn't always have NVA amps in it!!!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The merits of the cable are a by product of this, the real problem is *how* it has been portrayed and the process being *deliberately* used to try and harm NVA. AND this fortified by the bloody disgrace of not being allowing any right of reply to the lies and nonsense used by these people - it is a deliberate process. Others have been used and dragged into it, in this case Jayman, and Andrew in who's case has been more than a little naive to let himself be used by them.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Who is Andrew?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

He is Andrew here and singularity at TAS.

OK they have refused to even publish my redress to the situation that I published earlier here. They say if I want to counter it I have to use Dave (DSJR). So the owner of a forum is saying I have to use a Glove Puppet, well that is an insult to Dave, why would he want to be my Glove Puppet, and it is a feckin' disgrace that that is the only alternative being given. Right of reply is natural justice, and if it is removed then the source of the problem that requires the reply should be removed NATURAL JUSTICE!!!!!

I have replied to the refusal and I publish it here for giving public knowledge to a public matter.

"Sorry completely unacceptable, but nothing I can do about it but report it at HFS. I already have PM and email saying the whole thing is a bloody disgrace and unacceptable for someone to be given no right of reply. Why should you drag Dave (DSJR) into it, he is doing loan chat nothing more and he doesn't want to be my glove puppet yet you say that is my only option. This latest one on this speaker cable is just a sample of what has happened over the last couple of years on your forum.

I have no right of reply to the attacks which go on and if you deal with it it is only after I complain and everyone has seen it. It is no excuse to say nva can be discussed, there is ONLY ONE forum where they stop it and that is PFM. If I had one forum with the natural right of reply perhaps this could progress, but you block it, and it is not acceptable, so I give up with you, it is obvious it is not going to change. You cannot even see that natural justice and fairness is being denied. Why should I try to help people who continuously find ways to either harm my company or assist the people who are doing it."

It also seems to be being forgotten that this post from Chris is still up in the thread. Which is his excuse for dissing nva.

"It is kind of tied in though as the stuff I've mentioned has been compared favourably to NVA 6 (I think) and is also a silver content cable and is massively cheaper.
I'm sure your ones nice as well - and so it should be at that price. Hopefully this thread(whilst hijacked a wee bit) will lead to forum members getting an NVA comparable cable at a fraction of the cost." ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN A NVA LOAN THREAD!!!!. If you were to look for a classic FUD you would not find a better example.

Is that post acceptable, not in my mind, what do others feel about it.