Testing A 80

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Testing A 80

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There are ALWAYS alternatives to racks, including WAF ones. A low table with shelves between the speakers is really nice, we have had recent pics of them. I get more problems because of racks than enything else, work of the feckin' devil :angry-fire: :angry-fire:

Broken wires from fiddling at the back of them, hum, damage from scratching, ugly bastards too. Lets put them all in a tower so they can mutually vibrate together, lets make it that all the different cables have to cross and end up in a birds nest behind the rack - that's good for the music isn't it :angry-screaming:

The only thing worse than a rack is a rack with a LP12 sitting perched on the top. :angry-soapbox:

floydfan

Unread post by floydfan »

Thought I had posted but it seemed to have gone into the ether. So will try again. I don't have a rack but have a storage unit with which I can move the A 30 sideways. I may need to get some longer interconnects but will investigate. Is the hum worse when the phono is above rather than beside the transformer.
I don't have to worry to much about the wife as she rarely inspects my listening room. She prefers to spend time with the telly in the sitting room.
We are considering downsizing so may have a problem in the future.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I can talk about NVA not about others. NVA transformers are toroidal, toroids are doughnut shaped, field emits from the horizontal far more than the vertical, the field tend to bunch up around where the terminations are which creates a node, where there is a node there is null which will be on the opposite side. I orientate the node by pointing it at the mains switch in the back of the case. The switch is on the back panel behind the transformer SO back panel behind the mains switch has the most field emission. BUT there is field from all around a transformer. Larger the transformer the larger the field.

Remember a transformer wouldn't work without a field to create induced current in the secondary windings.

Fact - you can't block a field you can only reflect it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably time to change the avatar I guess.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

zebbo wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
You might need to revise that to Get MOST OF Britain Out if wee Jimmy Krankie has her way. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

zebbo wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
In about 5 years time it'll be "Let Britain Back In !! (please)" 8-)

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No chance. Honestly there is more chance of you joining us. IF it changes and becomes sensible and not driven by the egos and pockets of the Brussels "team" and becomes again about trade safety security defence etc and not trying to become a political entity, as was THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT which was fecked up by egotist power seekers. Then it would be on the cards again. We haven't gone away from you YOU went away from us, we joined something which you are not now!!! Thatcher tried to stay in when the changes were happening hoping we could make you see sense and not jump off the cliff like Lemmings, but no the stupidity went on and on, culminating in the current Euro Currency disaster. When you have fallen off the cliff and the Euro has collapsed you can come to us and the experts in the City of London to sort it out for you.

You lot over there really don't understand how you look to us. I didn't vote in Brexit, I would have voted to stay if I wasn't seeing people like that Lux twat insulting egotist all the time on TV Jean Claude Wanker or what ever his name is. AND then photos and films and stories of that massive waste of time with hundreds of eeediots drawing enormous salaries and expenses and doing next to nothing but seemingly enjoying insulting the Brits called the EU parliament.

I am an internationalist and a European and I would happily stay in a sensible Europe, but as in the 2nd WW enough is enough, we have finally had our Poland moment, someone has to stop you or provide an alternative. The Brits save Europe AGAIN!!!

Best scenario is we leave, Scotland leaves us and goes bankrupt. The Irish see sense and see open trade in conjunction with the UK as THEIR future as well. Scotland come scuttling back to be bailed out when the European refuse to renew their kilts when they wear ooot, or the costs of them speeds up the demise of the EU concept.

From being a EEC enthusiast I have become an EU hater (conceptual) and now coming to the opinion that I really can't be bothered with all the crap and games you are going to play over the next number of years and just tell you to feck off and walk away from it all. When confronted by lunatics and an asylum the best thing to do is walk away and stick a finger up.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:No chance. Honestly there is more chance of you joining us. IF it changes and becomes sensible and not driven by the egos and pockets of the Brussels "team" and becomes again about trade safety security defence etc and not trying to become a political entity, as was THE ORIGINAL CONCEPT which was fecked up by egotist power seekers. Then it would be on the cards again. We haven't gone away from you YOU went away from us, we joined something which you are not now!!! Thatcher tried to stay in when the changes were happening hoping we could make you see sense and not jump off the cliff like Lemmings, but no the stupidity went on and on, culminating in the current Euro Currency disaster. When you have fallen off the cliff and the Euro has collapsed you can come to us and the experts in the City of London to sort it out for you.

You lot over there really don't understand how you look to us. I didn't vote in Brexit, I would have voted to stay if I wasn't seeing people like that Lux twat insulting egotist all the time on TV Jean Claude Wanker or what ever his name is. AND then photos and films and stories of that massive waste of time with hundreds of eeediots drawing enormous salaries and expenses and doing next to nothing but seemingly enjoying insulting the Brits called the EU parliament.

I am an internationalist and a European and I would happily stay in a sensible Europe, but as in the 2nd WW enough is enough, we have finally had our Poland moment, someone has to stop you or provide an alternative. The Brits save Europe AGAIN!!!

Best scenario is we leave, Scotland leaves us and goes bankrupt. The Irish see sense and see open trade in conjunction with the UK as THEIR future as well. Scotland come scuttling back to be bailed out when the European refuse to renew their kilts when they wear ooot, or the costs of them speeds up the demise of the EU concept.

From being a EEC enthusiast I have become an EU hater (conceptual) and now coming to the opinion that I really can't be bothered with all the crap and games you are going to play over the next number of years and just tell you to feck off and walk away from it all. When confronted by lunatics and an asylum the best thing to do is walk away and stick a finger up.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The problem is we now have lunatics running our asylum without scrutiny. Since 2010 , the UK as been turning to shit and you lot are deluded it is because of Europe.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We have idiots here as well, but at least they are *our* idiots, not some puffed up Lux twat. I am happy with ALL European Govs, I like Merkel, she is a good nice lady, if a little too female in some ways and leaves herself to be used. The French are the French, they will never change, like us, but will provide constant amusement, a bit like us and AoS. etc etc. My problem is entirely with Brussels and the executive and the legislators and the Parliament. Kick the feckin' lot of them out and go back to the rules and principles of the EEC and everyone will be happier and more prosperous.