Ash's HiFi Addiction

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ash's HiFi Addiction

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Of course you can. I am quoting 10 day delivery which is about my normal delay, which I will be back to by the end of the coming week.

I just think you need to decide and set yourself a path, as you are asking different questions and pursuing different solutions on different forums.

AshM750.
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AshM750. »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I just think you need to decide and set yourself a path, as you are asking different questions and pursuing different solutions on different forums.
Well I would like to try the NVA, Naim and Magnum together. I would also like to see what the fuss is about with these naim speakers, I dont really want to purchase the naim speakers unless I can go hear a set, but from what I am hearing on PFM it is putting me off. There are alot of Bias people around and I am most certainly not that.

Whats your opinion Doc? Do I have more money than sence? :-?

P.S the AP50 is for my bedroom really.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You don't need an AP50 for a bedroom system all you need is AP20, which is in reality AP30 in terms of power and capability, as an AP10 is really a 20 but I like to be conservative.

Simply you should have kept the A40s and built you main system around them. Obviously I am biased but if you take any notice of that PFM lot you could end up with anything. As I say you need to get a path. Perhaps you need to pop over here and listen to some music.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Gwan, gwan gwan. You know you want to. I think you can remember the Cubix sound. I think you might be surprised by the Cubettes.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

AshM750.

Ok Doc, I am starting a course near london next month so I will pop over on a Friday night/Saturday or somthing, Ile let you know when I get the course timetable.

I think PFM is a place to get a different opinion, I dont believe everyone is wrong I just like hearing peoples opinions, then when it comes to testing it myself I maybe relate to what people have said, if that makes sence.

Do you still have the 2 AP20s on Classifieds? If so are they cover by the 2 year trade in?

AshM750.

terrybooth wrote:Gwan, gwan gwan. You know you want to. I think you can remember the Cubix sound. I think you might be surprised by the Cubettes.
Boy them Cubix sounded El Naturel !!!!! 8-)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

AshM750. wrote:Ok Doc,
I think PFM is a place to get a different opinion, I dont believe everyone is wrong I just like hearing peoples opinions, then when it comes to testing it myself I maybe relate to what people have said, if that makes sence.
The thing is about forums, so many of us 'enthusiasts' have heightened Aspergers' tendencies (present in all men to an extent). Cult makers like Linn, Naim and in past decades, Quad, will tend to polarise opinion amongst their disciples/fanboys. As long as you're aware of this...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I don't accept that, it is question of if you have an open mind. I like to think all nva user have an open mind otherwise they would never have tried it, because no one out there is selling it to you with bullshit.

Your normal PFM members are closed minded, certain they are right, pricks! Without the mind or the gumption to try anything else, because if they do they may have to back out of their ego cul-de-sacs :x So it is polarised with all the different factions and it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of music.

AshM750.

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
AshM750. wrote:Ok Doc,
The thing is about forums, so many of us 'enthusiasts' have heightened Aspergers' tendencies (present in all men to an extent). Cult makers like Linn, Naim and in past decades, Quad, will tend to polarise opinion amongst their disciples/fanboys. As long as you're aware of this...
I completely understand what your saying there but i must agree with Doc, I am going there with an open mind and just seeing what all the fuss is about. I also understand your feelings to the forum but are all the members really that bad? Not everyone is the same. Are they?????

I will be hooking all the Naim gear up next week to give it a try, I had bought the whole set very cheap and I new I could make money on it if I didnt want it. To tell you the truth I wanted the CD5i to try with my system and I thought it would be cheaper to buy the lot as a bundle, keep the CD player and sell the rest for profit. I had a thought while I had the system I would like to try these Naim speakers, but from what I am hearing there are mixed reviews(even on PFM). So even the members on PFM are giving mixed reviews on the naim Speakers, it cant be that bad on PFM can it?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You will get mixed reviews on everything as most of them have agendas which close their minds, so you get the constant competition between factions and being fed by the fact that a large number of them are incognito trade, or friends of, or other motivations, in other words SHILLS!

Here we respect other views as long as they don't try to impose, there it always turns into rudeness and arguments. We save the rudeness for the likes of them because they more than deserve it. Though it was worst in the past when certain factions / cliques virtually controlled the forum - Flatty, Wanker and the Bitch were a classic example.