Who did you pop yer Cherry to...?

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Who did you pop yer Cherry to...?

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well I did wonder why Marco's 1210 was so heavily modified - perhaps he only has a wee Cock after all, like the rest of us mortal's........ :whistle: :o

Has this thread strayed slightly.............!!!
Last edited by jammy395 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Daniel Quinn wrote:very funny , but don't Roksan lovers sag in the middle :lol:
Maybe I need a shim :lol:

jammy395

Fuk know's how a REK O KUT performs......... :whistle: (Too many gears & idler's me thinks). :shifty:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

As its a profesional broadcasting turntable i think I know what the doc will say :D ht

jammy395

Something along the lines of......It was built in the 50s of solid Cast iron and bakalite - well used - But if properly lubricated & Coaxed it can perform like a "Desert island buck bunny castaway" on steroids & show a sme 30 12 a trick or two............ :think: :shifty:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well NWA have finally started on it, it took 3 days constantly feeding oil into the motor (it could run a washing machine) before it got anywhere near to speed, and it still might need to be rebuilt :|

Oldpinkman

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Well NWA have finally started on it, it took 3 days constantly feeding oil into the motor (it could run a washing machine) before it got anywhere near to speed, and it still might need to be rebuilt :|
Oh Blimey - you're planning to play records on it. I thought maybe you'd started pottery classes :D
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

They are rare as it is. Having one that is pretty much as new when its done qmust make it a one-off, at least in the UK. Even if it was just for show (which I know it's not) its a really worthwhile project because it's a piece of history that would otherwise be lost.

Apologies if I'd missed it, but did you get a stereo arm for it? There was one on EBay last week but it was something like £250 and it needed work.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I got an old Jap broadcast arm from the 60's - Neat G36 - Google it.

EDIT I will have to put up pic, it seems it is so rare there is nothing on-line about it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

jammy395 wrote:Well I did wonder why Marco's 1210 was so heavily modified - perhaps he only has a wee Cock after all, like the rest of us mortal's........ :whistle: :o

Has this thread strayed slightly.............!!!
Speak for yourself sunshine! 8-)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: