Re: Bloated Stock Room

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

EXACTLY the same size box as an AP10.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:EXACTLY the same size box as an AP10.
Well if by 'Exactly the same size as an AP10' you mean 250mm wide - Then i will have one......... :clap: :dance: :clap:

See NVA orders.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Nought can be done until I get back - obviously. AND then let me get Christmas out of the way. PLUS I have a day at the hospital the day after I get back with scans on where I had my lung op. PLUS I am feeling lazy. PLUS I will eat and drink too much. PLUS, well I will think of something :D so don't count on anything until early Jan.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

No Probs Doc - Got a bit o first footing to do myself................. :confusion-seeingstars: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

the fox wrote:Hi, I am new to the forum but have been into Hi-Fi for many many years. I have a friend who has NVA amps and is very pleased with their performance, he has had many different amps over the years but NVAs are the tops. Having heard for myself I have to agree. I interested to purchase a pair of NVA A40s for the half price option. I look forward to hearing from you in due course :P
That's me! :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Jimbo

Unread post by Jimbo »

Hello

This is my first post since lurking here awhile.

I found reference to NVA amps having searched online for a single input amplifier, without tone controls or other unnecessary (to me) fripperies.

Currently my amplification consists of an Albarry PP1 fed by a Cambridge Audio 640 phono stage. Too many boxes.

I would be interested in an NVA amplifier with a single (phono) input. As far as I can see, the only single input amp you do is line level, right?

Thanks

Jim

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The problem is even an MM cart requires a lot of voltage gain so that means it is vulnerable to hum fields from a transformer. There are ways around it but it always damages the music. So you cannot have a big powerful amp with inbuilt phono stage, though some do it. You can get away with a small transformer in the same box and we will fit a phono card to an AP20 but you will still get a little hum, but the AP20 has 4 inputs. The AP10 is single input but small case, there is no room inside for a phono board.

Jimbo

Unread post by Jimbo »

I understand.

How about a power amplifier with volume control? That way the phono stage would act as the pre, right?

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Jimbo wrote:I understand.

How about a power amplifier with volume control? That way the phono stage would act as the pre, right?
See the price list http://hifisubjectivist.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44722 all the AP series have volume controls.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro