The Grateful Dead.....

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Grateful Dead.....

Unread post by antonio66 »

Well I've never seen him aggressive with anyone, quite the opposite, he jumps up off all four legs just pleased to meet someone, new or old.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Then he must have been genetically modified, i developed a sprinters physique from the daily 50yrd dash out on the street,
acquired a nickname ''turbo toes'' from it. i was like Tippi Hedren but i got it down there. :grin:
Frank...made me do it.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Blame the dog (or owner) not the breed. JR's (and in fact just about any terrier) are normally great with people. Other dogs and small animals are another matter, but they were designed for exactly that attitude. No one has told them they are small dogs.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

All dog problems are solved if 1/ they are muzzled in public and if around small children when not eating 2/ always on leads in public 3/ trained properly 4/ their *leftovers* always collected by the owner. Also dog owners should understand that a lot of people are scared of dogs and to be assaulted in public by a jumping dog, even if trying to be friendly, is not acceptable, nor being covered in muddy paw prints and saliva. Can you imagine another human being running at you and shoving its nose up your privates to smell you, would the law allow it, of course not it would be assault. So why can dogs get away with it, why should dogs not be subject to assault laws as well.

"Ah! he is only being friendly" is not an excuse. I am not afraid of dogs personally, but once had a girlfriend who was. She froze in fear when ever a dog came up to her, why should she be made to suffer like that by selfish people.

Lurcher300b

I think you can simplify that list into "Have responsible and trained owners". But the reality is always short of that as it involves people doing something.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Not true , All dogs are emotional creatures and have temperaments. Of the dogs that Kill they invariably do it in their own home to people they know .

Dogs with the power and strength to kill, should be eliminated by being bred out of existence .

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

+1 for DQ's comments.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Agreed with all thats been said, especially the lack of control from the owner, the wee dog doesn't know any better.
Frank...made me do it.

Lurcher300b

Dogs with the power and strength to kill, should be eliminated by being bred out of existence .
To paraphrase Dr Brian Plummer, any dog bigger than a small terrier can kill a man. Dogs, like cars and guns are only as dangerous as their owner makes them. Anyone who leaves a dog of any size with a child is a idiot, and any dog owner with a child who does not teach his child how to behave around dogs is likewise asking for trouble. Unless broken by previous events, just about all any dog wants is to do as its told by someone it trusts. The problem comes when people assume dogs are people and treat them (and expect them to behave) accordingly.
Of the dogs that Kill they invariably do it in their own home to people they know .
The same can be said for people that kill, so it doesn't help as much as you may think.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Daniel Quinn wrote:...Dogs with the power and strength to kill, should be eliminated by being bred out of existence .
Most dogs, except those silly little rats on a bit of string perhaps, could kill a baby so should we... Polish off the poodles? Kill the Cocker Spaniels? Liquidate the Labradors? Clobber the Collies, Batter the Beagles? Shoot the Setters? Vanish the Vizslas? Nuke the Newfoundlands? Assasinate the Afghans? I bet the great British public would bump off anyone suggesting such things before one hair on the head (or any other part of it's coat) of a dog was harmed, and the same goes for the "humane" solution of neutering them all. Even if a such law was passed the Lords would draw the line at Foxhounds. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X