Phono Amp advice please?

All general audio posts go here.
southall-1998
Wales

Re: Phono Amp advice please?

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:If I could have persuaded her (we had to agree) NVA would be in Devon or Somerset.
Devon is more laid back than London for sure! Would that bother you?

Did you get the payment OK for those LS1's?

EDIT- AJ, sorry for hi-jacking your thread!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

LS1 being done tomorrow.

I would much prefer it, the air, the country, the house prices!!!!!! I love Cornwall but that is a step too far. Rural Wales is nice but they hate the English. Scotland - no bloody chance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Victorian 3 bed terrace houses a bit further into London than us are now going for over £1m :shock: :shock: We could sell our end of terrace and buy a detached house on acres of land in the less popular rural areas of Devon and Somerset.

AJSki2fly
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AJSki2fly »

slinger wrote:Just a thought, why not try the NVA Phono 1 at £280.00 for starters and if you like the sound (which is probably a given) then upgrade to the Phono 2 a bit later? You should get 100% trade in on the Phono 1 against a shiny new Phono 2, and by that time you may have freed up enough cash to go top of the range with the additional Phono 2 power supply.
Yep, that is a very good and sensible idea. I will see how the finances go once through Xmas. Thanks
Cheer Adrian 8-)

Project Xperience 2 Pack with Ortofon Rondo Blue Cartridge
Cambridge Azur 640P Phono Stage
Meridian 508 CD
Meridian 562 Multimedia Controller
Meridian 565 Digital Sound Processor
Meridian 557 200w/channel Power Amp for Stereo and Fronts

Dali Ikon 6 mk2 (Stereo fronts)
Centre - Meridian - Active Speaker
Rear & Centres - Mission Flat speakers driven by 50w/channel amp
Mission - Active Sub-Woofer

A sweet sounding set up.

AJSki2fly
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AJSki2fly »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:AJ - Just about everyone here is an owner of nva phono or wants one so you wont get a balanced opinion. Plus it would I think be impossible to find someone who had heard all of those.

Anyway you take no risk, always buy on-line, if no likeee send back for full refund. Try is the answer to everything, you will find the manufacturers who avoid it are the ones who know they will lose out, or are scare they will lose out.
Yes, BH, I always liked your approach to customer service and honesty. I wish I had kept my original P50 and A70, but at the time I had other priorities which are not as important now, and I probably can have the best of both worlds. I was just wondering if anyone had tried any of the other phonos I mentioned. By the way I have always held the NVA products in deep regard based on my personal experience. :clap:
Cheer Adrian 8-)

Project Xperience 2 Pack with Ortofon Rondo Blue Cartridge
Cambridge Azur 640P Phono Stage
Meridian 508 CD
Meridian 562 Multimedia Controller
Meridian 565 Digital Sound Processor
Meridian 557 200w/channel Power Amp for Stereo and Fronts

Dali Ikon 6 mk2 (Stereo fronts)
Centre - Meridian - Active Speaker
Rear & Centres - Mission Flat speakers driven by 50w/channel amp
Mission - Active Sub-Woofer

A sweet sounding set up.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

antonio66 wrote:
_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Look at the OP's signature DQ

I like the Phono 2 (with PSU) and bought one myself so may be biased. It can have a second supply easily added (just tie up the unused umbilicals behind) which fleshes it out even more. Mine's been set for MM and MC and it's great with either.
Is that a special, I thought you had to have either MM or MC not both?
I adjusted as I needed to at various times, but haven't touched it in eighteen months or so now.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...