Has thanked: 0

Re: What RCM?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Resin W and PVA are the same thing.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

The Okki Nokki was not on the list. Probably the most popular RCM in UK. BTW Rckardo, how much fluid do you use? There is actually no need to cover the label as you just spread fluid on the groove area and suck it up. I apply fluid with a small squeezy bottle. Have found The Right One fluid to be far better than Okki Nokki or L'arte Du Son. The glue method is slow and dangerous - only to be used as last resort on boot sale finds. Wet playing was found years ago to cause more problems than it solved.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Classicrock wrote:The Okki Nokki was not on the list. Probably the most popular RCM in UK. BTW Rckardo, how much fluid do you use? There is actually no need to cover the label as you just spread fluid on the groove area and suck it up. I apply fluid with a small squeezy bottle. Have found The Right One fluid to be far better than Okki Nokki or L'arte Du Son. The glue method is slow and dangerous - only to be used as last resort on boot sale finds. Wet playing was found years ago to cause more problems than it solved.
Was found by whom :roll: have you tried it. As I hoped I conveyed there are different wet methods, and if you think about it a RCM is a wet method just dried after. You need to open your mind and explore a bit, surly here we have shown you how many Hi-Fi folklaws are just bullshit that people accept without question.

The only problem one is the Lenco one and only if you stop using it, if started you have to use it every play. I challenge you to open your mind and try the water or screen wash one one, no risk. Then see if you have the gumption to try my little bit of fun.

rikardo1979
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by rikardo1979 »

Classicrock wrote:The Okki Nokki was not on the list. Probably the most popular RCM in UK. BTW Rckardo, how much fluid do you use? There is actually no need to cover the label as you just spread fluid on the groove area and suck it up. I apply fluid with a small squeezy bottle. Have found The Right One fluid to be far better than Okki Nokki or L'arte Du Son. The glue method is slow and dangerous - only to be used as last resort on boot sale finds. Wet playing was found years ago to cause more problems than it solved.
How much?I dont know, I do not measure this :grin: You can watch the YT video I posted.
And with this clamp I dont ever need to be careful, that is what I love on this design. Label is covered and rest of the record is not touching anything. Which is usual problem if RCM has platter. So you place dirty record on plater, clean 1st side and than flip over ....oh wait, wasnt the dirty side lying on the platter??!

And I like to clean the whole record, not just part. The needle does not stop where the music ends, but it continues to the end, which is very close to label. And this can be dirty too, same as other parts ;)

So yes, it make sense to me
  • AMP -Sugden A21; Pioneer SC-LX59 Home cinema
  • Speakers - Spendor D7 (Special Ebony finish)
  • Analogue - Clearaudio Concept MM
  • Phono - Clearaudio Nano
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
  • Cables - Chord Epic Twin speaker cables; DIY Inteconnects (Van Damme)
[/size][/font]

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Was found by whom :roll: have you tried it. As I hoped I conveyed there are different wet methods, and if you think about it a RCM is a wet method just dried after. You need to open your mind and explore a bit, surly here we have shown you how many Hi-Fi folklaws are just bullshit that people accept without question.

The only problem one is the Lenco one and only if you stop using it, if started you have to use it every play. I challenge you to open your mind and try the water or screen wash one one, no risk. Then see if you have the gumption to try my little bit of fun.
Well it's pretty logical to me that continually plowing a cartridge through wet will result in some gunge build up and maybe possible effects on the bond between cantilever and stylus on some records. Frankly would only find this worth the risk on something of little value. Having one of those machines that sucks the fluid up I have perfectly clean and dry vinyl which begs the question why would I want to end up with sticky grungy records and stylus and risk ruining lps some of which are worth £100 + thanks to the current madness? No thanks. industry bullshit has nothing to do with it.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

rikardo1979

Unread post by rikardo1979 »

Classicrock wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:

I have perfectly clean and dry vinyl which begs the question why would I want to end up with sticky grungy records and stylus and risk ruining lps some of which are worth £100 + thanks to the current madness? No thanks. industry bullshit has nothing to do with it.
^^^this, my words
  • AMP -Sugden A21; Pioneer SC-LX59 Home cinema
  • Speakers - Spendor D7 (Special Ebony finish)
  • Analogue - Clearaudio Concept MM
  • Phono - Clearaudio Nano
  • Digital - Philips CD753 with TDA1549; AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO; Sony BDP-S500
  • RCM - Project VC-S
  • Cables - Chord Epic Twin speaker cables; DIY Inteconnects (Van Damme)
[/size][/font]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well you are wrong, are you seriously telling me that manufacturers of carts use water soluble glue to fix a stylus to a cantilever.

Industry bullshit and closed minds has EVERYTHING to do with it. Rocky, I tell you what once again I challenge you to try putting some of your famous ( :roll: ) RCM fluid on the record (or just the distilled water) and leave it there and play the record, it can do no harm to cart or record and then tell me what you hear, and if you hear it then perhaps you will understand and experiment a bit more with a bit of lubrication, and be one of the first to break through the brainwash. Since when does you famous cleaning fluid leave gunge, since when does it damage anything, would you use it if it did. I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO USE LENCO FLUID!!!

I am talking about the WET method of playing record which has bullshit written all over about it which is the folklaw, of course there are fluids you wouldn't use the same as you would never use glass paper to clean your records even though it is a DRY method.

One of the worst things in this industry is people spouting absolutes with no experience or personal knowledge, I would expect more from you Rocky.

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

here's what i use,

and a video of it in action :)

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/jamie ... e.mp4.html
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: I found a far better version of it in the 1980's which left far less crud on the records in itself but left a surface that allowed dust to stick so still needed cleaning off after time. But in this case a byproduct is the liquid is anhydrous (hydroscopic adsorption / drives and repels moisture away) which is beneficial to the cartridge, and incidentally to the surface of PCBs and other electronics and even metal cases of equipment. I have said what the liquid is before to howls of derision, so I don't talk about it now. It is well worth a try for those who have the courage and an old record. I talked about it around the time of the Peter Belt and Jimmy Hughes thing in the magazines and it got lumped in with that, but this has a physical function and an explanation technically why it works.

I wont tell you what the liquid is I will leave you to guess.
WD 40, is there a prize? :dance:
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Nope.