NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Unread post by Macca »

Most Wam members are on the other forums too so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Discussing who is attending in a jocular manner is not disrespectful. You need to buy one of those chill out albums that used to popular with ravers in the 9o's .

edit - i see the doc concurs :lol:
I just think there's loads of threads already which focus on your favourite subject, let's try a different theme on this one.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

:roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Spoil sport :naughty:

brit-pop

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Spoil sport :naughty:
Well you don't want people thinking HFS had become predictable do you.... :grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

About Muccus, oh yes, can you imagine anyone here praising him - no chance - in fact what can anyone praise him for. Steve Toy created the forum he just stole it from him. Can you imagine how good that forum could be if Steve had gone through with his booting him off never to be allowed to return.

It would be :romance-grouphug: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-bouncygreen:

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Well, children, I leave the room for a moment and look what happens tee hee! I thought i might drop my two penneth in here for what it's worth. I can't even remember now what inspired me to create the North East Bake Off (NEBO) other than i may have read about other people having musical evenings described as bake offs. What i can remember is thinking how pissed off i was that most hifi shows happened bloody miles away and nowt much happened on Teesside. So i networked the idea of having a Bake Off in my friends Bistro after he had kicked out his last customer. I didn't know if anyone would turn up or not to be very honest. Well, they did and all for the right reasons.

The rest as they say is history. What was a humble get together in a North east town is now an event that people travel many miles to attend and all are welcome. there are no agendas, favoritism though it is very much my gig. Personal disputes are not something i ever get involved with and i feel it a shame that someone may stay away because another individual may be present. So, such disputes are something that i don't want to comment on though i would have no objection should NEBO be used to build bridges. Like i said, everyone with something interesting to listen to is welcome. So far we have had some amazing bits n bobs brought along and even if you can't be arsed to bring anything it's worth coming and having a few beers, listening to some great tunes and enjoy some banter with diamond geezers. In addition to the normal format this year i hope to have an audio jumble table should people attending have anything they want to sell, swap or PX for something someone else may have. it's all about fun and keeping the spirit of listening to music alive through other means other than an i-phone et al. Howay along and enjoy the day. :dance:
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

For those planning to stay over i would recommend two places to stay. The Altonlea guest house which i am assured is excellent http://www.altonlea.co.uk or The Marine Hotel http://www.marinehotel-hartlepool.com both are very clean and serve excellent food Tariffs are on the links. There are B&B's much cheaper, please PM me for details. Some of the B&B's in Seaton cater for contractors so please be cautious as they are very basic. I have researched the better options here. The Schooner is less than a quarter of a mile from both of these establishments and well within walking distance. However, a taxi will cost very little. I would recommend the following 23 23 23 by phoning (yes you guessed it) 01429 323232. Hope this is helpful.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Proggy and Brit - Brit was talking at AoS about a mini NEBO before the real one, is that a go-er or just seeding the wind.

brit-pop

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Proggy and Brit - Brit was talking at AoS about a mini NEBO before the real one, is that a go-er or just seeding the wind.[/quote
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Proggy and Brit - Brit was talking at AoS about a mini NEBO before the real one, is that a go-er or just seeding the wind.
Bit of both, its still a possibility.... I just need to pop by the local cricket club to see when their function room is free. Thinking perhaps July or August. It won't be a full day effort on the scale of the NEBO, as I'll only be able to get the venue from late afternoon/early evening so I'd imagine it would only be those who lived more local would want to come but if you're interested I'll keep you posted. The venue is much smaller so we wouldn't have as many systems as at NEBO. I'd see it as a sort of pre-match friendly for the local teams.