Forum Clock...

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Forum Clock...

Unread post by Classicrock »

They tried changing it from 1968 to 1971. Everyone complained (not just Scots) and we went back to GMT.
Last edited by Classicrock on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Nope, just farmers and Northerners (mostly Scots) complained. If they had a referendum on it it would have passed by a huge margin all the opinion polls said.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

This parent is content with the current situation and I suspect I would not be the only one :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bloody Northerner - buy a torch!! :x

Daniel Quinn

much prefer :happy-sunshine:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes in the evening or late afternoon. Why do we have to be dark at 4pm, 5pm is bad enough. So which is worse walking home in the dark or going in the dark, it is fallacious argument that morning is worse.

Daniel Quinn

You forget children leave school at 3.30 and it is still light . bst ensures they go and come home in daylight .

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

most of them are taken to school by mummy in a 4x4 :twisted:
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

Agree with the Doc 100%. I hate the onset of darkness too early (and I'm about as far North as you can get, unless you cross the Border). Mind you, I have never got up before 9am at the earliest. My earliest starting job in my life has been 10am and I've struggled with that. Early daylight is no good to me :D

Just saw DQ's post. It's dark here by 3.30 in December and January. God knows about Scotland. I honestly think we are pushing the limits of where its healthy for humans to live. Goodness knows how Scandinavians cope. To me, daylight is like air, food and water. Essential for a decent life. I love the North as well as Scotland, but Winter is like my vision of hell.

Daniel Quinn

Andrew wrote:Agree with the Doc 100%. I hate the onset of darkness too early (and I'm about as far North as you can get, unless you cross the Border). Mind you, I have never got up before 9am at the earliest. My earliest starting job in my life has been 10am and I've struggled with that. Early daylight is no good to me :D

Just saw DQ's post. It's dark here by 3.30 in December and January. God knows about Scotland. I honestly think we are pushing the limits of where its healthy for humans to live. Goodness knows how Scandinavians cope. To me, daylight is like air, food and water. Essential for a decent life. I love the North as well as Scotland, but Winter is like my vision of hell.
For a man that spends a load of time in Greece and doesn't work currently , this is a little OTT :mrgreen: Go for a walk now Andrew before it gets dark :lol: