Dammit - More Money Going NVA's Way !!

All things NVA
Yomanze
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dammit - More Money Going NVA's Way !!

Post by Yomanze »

Wow there's a little bit on an unhealthy obsession going on from Ninanina on here, coupled with the fact that by far the biggest thread on this forum is AoS (slagging)... why can't you guys just drop it & focus on useful conversation & create a real forum?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Yes this thread has got a little naughty, it should be in "elsewhere on the web" in the AoS thread. But Bev asked for it by the strop she created when she left here because I wouldn't be "her friend".

EOTW was created as we have said so many time to mainly counter the manic egos that want to take over the forums and the censorship of the major forums.

http://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45189

And if you don't like it all you need to apply is a little self discipline and don't come here, don't read it. But we have discovered that is impossible they just *have* to read what we say about them, and others like you just *have* to rubber neck it :whistle:

Yomanze

Post by Yomanze »

With all due respect Richard I mainly come here because I respect your views on audio-specific subjects & indeed am a long-time user of NVA. It's becoming more difficult to find the useful stuff!

Daniel Quinn

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Yomanze wrote:Wow there's a little bit on an unhealthy obsession going on from Ninanina on here, coupled with the fact that by far the biggest thread on this forum is AoS (slagging)... why can't you guys just drop it & focus on useful conversation & create a real forum?
Hmm , your criticising without offering remedy or attacking the actual raison detre of EOTW. That to me is slagging . Most of the criticism in EOTW even the piss takes have a specific purpose and legitimate targets and I would attribute much of the credit for the fettering of Marco's rampant ego to EOTW. Also the persistent attacks on shilling found on here for years as permeated all other forums . Alas your words are poor rhetoric .

As for creating a real forum , bugger off , I think you find there is a lot more to H/S than EOTW , people discussing their hifi's without fear of being ridiculed , a plethora of ideas and information and some of the finest technical but understandable explanations without bullshit found anywhere on the web .

I also note your recent posts on other forums champion royds , now correct me if I am wrong but the doc and this forum have done more than any forum to advocate the virtues of Royd speakers .
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yomanze - Well we are in calm down mode after another batch of libel at AoS, so it is a bit more prominent at the moment. You are a member there what do you think about that thread about NVA cable, what if that happened to you, how would you react :think: Remember all that shit was thrown at me with no right of reply apart from here.

It has never been an audio specific forum, it has always been an audio *industry* specific forum. It is not a NVA forum and only has that link because I started it. I knew NVA would become a topic because of me so I gave it a specific room, and there are far more things to talk about in the industry than about me and NVA.

Anyway you like every other member has the option to direct the forum in the direction you want by the subjects you post on and the content of those posts. You started well in Feb and then stopped.

Yomanze

Post by Yomanze »

Hi Guys,

Daniel, yeah my comment regarding a "real forum" was flippant, but at the same time, it's such a huge point of focus for this forum in terms of size. Indeed there's lots of useful conversation elsewhere. It just seems to be getting very cyclical.

And yes, absolutely, discussion and "championing" of the virtues of Royd speakers is one of the reasons I read this forum.

I do think the 'fragility' argument of SSPs is a bit exaggerated, but at the same time, they're not the sort of cables to be bending about & changing all the time, more fit & forget, and be careful with them.

Best regards,

Neil

Daniel Quinn

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Fair points and nice rebalancing . :D

In my opinion cyclical can be a problem , indeed one of the problems with PFM that Mr Auster pointed out was its consistent repetition . However whilst EOTW is not beyond criticism , it is a reactionary thread ,if there is nothing to have a go at out there it is largely silent .

Additionally it is up to other members to contribute about their hifi .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yomanze - I am not asking you about the cables I am asking you what you think of the way the forum owner and some others including ninanina / Bev behaved on that thread.

You are telling us off, I didn't see you telling them off, or do you agree with them and their libel about me and NVA.

Yomanze

Post by Yomanze »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Yomanze - I am not asking you about the cables I am asking you what you think of the way the forum owner and some other including ninanina / Bev behaved on that thread.

You are telling us off, I didn't see you telling them off, or do you agree with them and their libel about me and NVA.
Hi Richard, I wouldn't know what you're talking about specifically as I don't get involved... I've seen some stuff about SSPs & a discussion a long while back about some Wilson Benesch speakers. Seen some other stuff recently with figlet, but haven't been following these discussions.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

And yet you follow our responses to it and criticise that :think: