The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Classicrock
Great Britain

The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by Classicrock » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:53 am

I have discovered where Martin T has gone to. Looks like he has set up a rival to AOS. He is one of the Administrators / Owners here along with Chris and John. Perhaps others can identify them. Looks like they are recruiting other AOS members. Is this an attempt to kill AOS? Think it has a chance given the people involved and no apparent agenda.

http://theaudiostandard.net/

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

so thats why he left . i also see synesi , bev and marco :o have joined :grin:
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:02 am

Well somewhere in all this is a tale :think: I wonder if they have a ban on mentioning me or HFS :mrgreen: who wants to test it :dance:

Oldpinkman

Unread post by Oldpinkman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:10 am

Just had a quick peek. Like the decor. It will be interesting to see how moderating works out if people misbehave, but looks like a real threat to AOS I would have thought. All the good bits - without Marco's ego dominating. Must register :guiness;
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:19 am

Yes it would probably be a good thing if it killed off AoS, but life would become more boring here :doh: :oops: I have got so used to the entertainment Mr Big Prick (his claim) gives us.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:30 am

I guess there's nothing to stop anyone from joining AS. I might join it myself if I think I can add anything worthwhile to any of the threads...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:39 am

It seems I am not banned :dance:

:twisted:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:50 am

Why start yet another forum - Couldnt they just have joined here instead... :grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 pm

We are a bit too spicy for a lot of people :mrgreen: this thread especially is like a good Vinderloo, can be a bit hot :angry-fire: :lol:

Jammy because of the way we are we will never be a mainstream forum, we (this forum room) will always be the fat irritating mozzy bite on the arse of idiots bullshitters and spammers. To be honest I like it that way, beholding to no man. Everything is fine at TAS at the moment, but you will see the agendas and personalities take hold in time. To try to be all things to all men attracts the userers for both financial and ego reasons. But we will see I could be wrong.

Forums are funny things, they rely on momentum or they die, this could go either way, it could become the *proper* AoS or it could go down the pan quickly like Steve Toy's forum.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:12 pm

I've been assured there are no agendas or commercial interests. I'm sure everyone will be welcome as long as they behave. I hope they ban any of the usual suspects if they join and start attacking the Doc rather than take the easy option. It may be best to ignore Marco for the time being as I'm sure he is not entirely welcome with open arms and suspect he is a contributory motivation for this forum being set up.