Klipsch Heresy.

All general audio posts go here.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Klipsch Heresy.

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

if you see a pair, damn well buy them. They won't give a headache like some cheaper 'school hall' style of PA boxes (Skytech are used in ours - ugh!), but the upper mid and treble are certainly projected well out from the boxes. TOTALLY the opposite of the 'BBC' way of doing things - and I still think Royds got much better as they went along and Joe packed it in just when the brand reached maturity - in my opinion!
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

southall-1998 wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Dunno mate, it is just the way they are, probably a combination of things. Don't reject them because they are boisterous as they can be real fun things if that is what you want.
We are going to have a room renovated and its going to be a bit bigger than my bedroom. This gives me a chance to try bigger speakers. I've always wanted to try very efficient speakers with my AP10PX!

S.
It is a popular way to go in Italy where it seems to be the fav combo with NVA AP10, especially with RF62 and RF82.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Are you strictly limited to Heresy size, or could you go for something bigger? Something that'd have all the energy and openness and biting clarity of the Heresys, combined with more bass impact and possibly a smoother midrange and treble?

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Lindsayt wrote:Are you strictly limited to Heresy size, or could you go for something bigger? Something that'd have all the energy and openness and biting clarity of the Heresys, combined with more bass impact and possibly a smoother midrange and treble?
I'm not sure at the moment. But fire away with the recommendations.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Klipsch Cornwalls, K'horns, Altec Model 15, 17, 19, Vott, Valencias plus other Spanish cities, EV Sentry III, Georgian, Patricians, JBL 4435 plus a lot of other 4 digit numbers, Vitavox, some Frankenstein / DIY concoction with various drivers / horns / cabinets from different manufacturers, etc etc etc.

It's all down to whatever you see a great deal on first.

Something to bear in mind. Corner horns may come in huge cabinets, but you put them in the corner or up against the wall and you can put stuff on top of them. So they take up less room than many slimline modern ported speakers that need to be away from corners.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

The K-Horn's I heard that were new around twelve years ago sounded absolutely wonderful. Even set up too far apart, gave a tremendous stereo image.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Lindsayt
Nauru

Now imagine what you'd get if you took the Klipschorns, made the cabinets 50% bigger, fitted more expensive drivers, added a woofer with twice the diameter and added volume pots to allow you to pad the upper bass, midrange unit and tweeter down individually to suit your tastes and room.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Chaps,

Does both the Klipsch Heresy III & Cornwall have a benign load?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Buy these Shane and save yourself a lot of money. Just the other side of Dartmoor from you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251563081793? ... EBIDX%3AIT

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Missed this from a month or three back -

http://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=40