Creek

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Creek

Unread post by jammy395 »

Tai-Chi history seem's to be very intresting but very very complex...... :think:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

In the traditional styles family lines are all important Jammy. It is the only way to prove your knowledge and level as there are no certificates or exams, or belts or braces :mrgreen:

It is a very complex subject but the history of the art is a very important part of the teaching. But as lines and families have split so the training has changed over time and now is mostly simplistic compared with what the ancestors were capable of. Also if you think there is argument over what is best in hi-fi you should see some of the Tai-Chi discussion sites :o I don't get involved.

jammy395

Also if you think there is argument over what is best in hi-fi you should see some of the Tai-Chi discussion sites I don't get involved. (Doc)

Heated discussion is ok - Just pray it dont come to any Bake off's. :pray: :lol:

Right im off to catch me chopper home....... :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It does sometimes Jammy :mrgreen:

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

jammy395 wrote:Tai-Chi history seem's to be very intresting but very very complex...... :think:
It is Jammy, don't get mixed up with the classes you see with the blue rinsed brigade chaired by occupational therapists,
thats just old people moving limps for exercise, most westerners don't understand it and hats off to the Doc to have such eloquent understanding of this form of Martial Art.

Google it and see some top class Tai Chi players at work, the movement, stance, extension, grace and power top class players are just poetry in motion,
i am probably out of my depth talking about a subject i don't know about, :oops: i'll bow out now.

Lets return to Creek eh, oh...happy chopper home. :)
Frank...made me do it.

jammy395

Lets return to Creek eh, oh...happy chopper home. (wiicrackpot).

Thank's - Chopper due on deck 2.40pm, should be in an Aberdeen Bar with a pint of Guiness Extra Cold @ approx 4.15pm. :obscene-drinkingcheers: cheers.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:In the traditional styles family lines are all important Jammy. It is the only way to prove your knowledge and level as there are no certificates or exams, or belts or braces :mrgreen:

It is a very complex subject but the history of the art is a very important part of the teaching. But as lines and families have split so the training has changed over time and now is mostly simplistic compared with what the ancestors were capable of. Also if you think there is argument over what is best in hi-fi you should see some of the Tai-Chi discussion sites :o I don't get involved.
Maybe there's room for a measurement mafia to settle those disputes. Only kidding.......unless you could send the hifi measurement freaks there to get shot of them from hifi forums :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The only way you measure it is who is left sitting on the ground looking stupid :whistle:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Why don't you want to try to use your hi-fi knowledge to make a living.
You've asked this many times, but in truth I'd begun to lose interest when I could afford to do something about it and was mortified at the humungous swing to AV systems in the early noughties. A shame for me as eBay prices on decent vintage kit were still reasonable in 2004 or so. It took a couple of years before my need for music at home came back and my discovery of internet forums where I could share my experiences took up the slack. The job I do now has been a revelation for me as a person (if not financially) and has rewarded me hugely in spiritual ways. I have no confidence for dealing with punters now anyway..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK your decision but you waste your skill. You manage to communicate and stand up for your self on line and on line is the future of this industry. You will never *actually* have to meet anyone unless you want to. If you started a cart repair service, or buying damaged ones and repairing and reselling, or other things you know about. It wouldn't be full time, it would be an augment to your present job. My point is a skill not used is a skill wasted. You talk a lot but it would be nice to see some reality and action behind it. What is the expression, oh yes "put yer money (time) where yer mouth is" :mrgreen: