News/ Cartridge.

All general audio posts go here.
wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: News/ Cartridge.

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

jammy395 wrote:Good on ya Wiicrackpot :clap:

Best in front of a large mirror with a wee dram..... :oops: :shifty: ;)
yeah,mirror ball and mankini........sorted. :o :mrgreen:
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is a cultural thing Jammy. For us someone dies and unless famous soon forgotten. For our Wiicrackpot where his near family is buried is as important as where the living ones are. They are still around spiritually to look after you and you look after them - it is a very nice tradition and makes the family the centre of your society values, we have lost this now, we put parents in old peoples homes or similar, no person with Chinese ancestry would ever do that.

wiicrackpot

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:It is a cultural thing Jammy. For us someone dies and unless famous soon forgotten. For our Wiicrackpot where his near family is buried is as important as where the living ones are. They are still around spiritually to look after you and you look after them - it is a very nice tradition and makes the family the centre of your society values, we have lost this now, we put parents in old peoples homes or similar, no person with Chinese ancestry would ever do that.
Spot on Doc.
Frank...made me do it.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

wiicrackpot wrote:I know you'll get a balance recco here, i thought you hook up with Geoff (walpurgis) over at AoS periodically, i have a lot of time for Geoff over there,
from memory he uses and rates highly of the ZYX R50 Bloom, have you heard it and not like it hence the psycho thing about MC's?,
otherwise Zebbo's 2M Black recco is sound.

P.S. did you not see the recent Ebay ad for a job lot of 3 rock platters?, from memory he wasn't asking for a lot either.

P.S.S. good luck with the move.
I do visit Geoff occasionally at his place and have good listening session. He certainly owns a good system.

I've heard his ZYX cartridge a couple times. It's very good but I wouldn't go crazy for it!

On Geoffs system I did hear a Decca Maroon cartridge which was bloody good. Very fast, revealing, musical and a tad bright sounding cartridge. I regret for not buying the Maroon from Geoff!

Geoff is a good bloke but don't expect smiles and laughs from him :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yes Death is sad - Well not realy death, Its the loss of our loved ones that's sad, we miss them :cry:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ah! but don't you just luv grumpy old gits Shane :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wiicrackpot

southall-1998 wrote:
wiicrackpot wrote:I know you'll get a balance recco here, i thought you hook up with Geoff (walpurgis) over at AoS periodically, i have a lot of time for Geoff over there,
from memory he uses and rates highly of the ZYX R50 Bloom, have you heard it and not like it hence the psycho thing about MC's?,
otherwise Zebbo's 2M Black recco is sound.

P.S. did you not see the recent Ebay ad for a job lot of 3 rock platters?, from memory he wasn't asking for a lot either.

P.S.S. good luck with the move.
I do visit Geoff occasionally at his place and have good listening session. He certainly owns a good system.

I've heard his ZYX cartridge a couple times. It's very good but I wouldn't go crazy for it!

On Geoffs system I did hear a Decca Maroon cartridge which was bloody good. Very fast, revealing, musical and a tad bright sounding cartridge. I regret for not buying the Maroon from Geoff!

Would the Decca be a good match with the Rega R200?, maybe others can answer that.
S.
Would the Decca be a good match with the Rega R200?, maybe others can answer that.

So Geoff is no 'bundle a' fun' then, bring a feather and tickle him the next time you visit. :mrgreen:
Frank...made me do it.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Ah! but don't you just luv grumpy old gits Shane :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well, I myself have grumpy tendencies. But of course I like you grumpy gits because you lot make the world go round :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

southall-1998 wrote: I do visit Geoff occasionally at his place and have good listening session. He certainly owns a good system.

S.
The R50 Bloom is the "entry level" ZYX MC and is ok but as you move up they get much better. I have the Fuji.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

And how much do these wee nuggets of plastic bloody cost.... :twisted: