News/ Cartridge.

All general audio posts go here.
wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: News/ Cartridge.

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Nowhere else but here really, i have no ties from where i came from, my Mum is buried here and i have the plot beside her,
so what i have now is live this life and go to where i am going, not very exciting i'm afraid.
Frank...made me do it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

wiicrackpot wrote:I know you'll get a balance recco here, i thought you hook up with Geoff (walpurgis) over at AoS periodically, i have a lot of time for Geoff over there,
from memory he uses and rates highly of the ZYX R50 Bloom, have you heard it and not like it hence the psycho thing about MC's?,
otherwise Zebbo's 2M Black recco is sound.

P.S. did you not see the recent Ebay ad for a job lot of 3 rock platters?, from memory he wasn't asking for a lot either.

P.S.S. good luck with the move.
I really like the ZYX cartridges, very detailed but punchy and musical too. Generally speaking, but of course limited to my own personal use of cartridges, I've found moving coils to be more involving emotionally.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
southall-1998 wrote:Hopefully in the next 2 months (Or perhaps less!) the family and myself will be moving house. I'm a London birth and proud of it but we all fancy having a new life and challenge some place else.
Trinidad :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No, Torquay in Devon.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

wiicrackpot wrote:Nowhere else but here really, i have no ties from where i came from, my Mum is buried here and i have the plot beside her,
so what i have now is live this life and go to where i am going, not very exciting i'm afraid.
Fuk :sad-roulette:

Cheer up wiicrackpot, Stick on some Disco - That cheers me up...... :whistle: :shifty:
Get Down......png
Get Down......png (96.72 KiB) Viewed 2067 times

wiicrackpot

zebbo wrote:
I really like the ZYX cartridges, very detailed but punchy and musical too. Generally speaking, but of course limited to my own personal use of cartridges, I've found moving coils to be more involving emotionally.[/quote]

I've never heard a ZYX before but they seems to be highly regarded, i've heard the 2M Black on a Gyro + SME IV combo and really liked it,
i have a Technics EPC 205c MKIV stashed and hopefully get to using it in the future, it is said to be very MC like sounding MM cartridge,
i like MC's but have no qualms about moving to a good MM's if it sounds good.
Frank...made me do it.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The best MMs ever made (musically) are Decca / London but expensive and finicky in mechanical set up. I have run Super Gold in the PL71 arm which is very similar to the R200 and it was a really good combo. Another fun and very musical cart and a bit oddball is the Shure M3D which you have I think.
Max Townshend was using Decca Golds with the Rocks before he moved on to Dynavector carts!

Yes, I still have my M3D which I could just end up using. Must get the stylus checked! I know it's a good cartridge. On ebay are some nice sumiko headshells!

Would you consider the M3D a little crude sounding sometimes?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

wiicrackpot

jammy395 wrote:
wiicrackpot wrote:Nowhere else but here really, i have no ties from where i came from, my Mum is buried here and i have the plot beside her,
Fuk :sad-roulette:

Cheer up wiicrackpot, Stick on some Disco - That cheers me up...... :whistle: :shifty:
Get Down......png
Pretty grim innit Jammy, however, plenty more happen at sea, i'll go and spin some Donna Summer to cheer up. :mrgreen:
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

southall-1998 wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
southall-1998 wrote:Hopefully in the next 2 months (Or perhaps less!) the family and myself will be moving house. I'm a London birth and proud of it but we all fancy having a new life and challenge some place else.
Trinidad :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No, Torquay in Devon.

S.
Its really nice down there, and houses are about half the price of London. I just wish I could convince Nadia to move down there. Or Somerset, I like Somerset as long as you avoid the levels where all the floods are.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Good on ya Wiicrackpot :clap:

Best in front of a large mirror with a wee dram..... :oops: :shifty: ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

southall-1998 wrote:
Would you consider the M3D a little crude sounding sometimes?

S.
A bit bass heavy but very musical. I would avoid it if your major taste is classical, but for rock and pop it can't be bettered for making an event of the music. It is not a flat earth plinky plonky cart it is a real 60's rocker.