Turntable interconnect

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Turntable interconnect

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have been attacked in Aviemore in the summer and that is not West.

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

I just clicked onto this page and saw you'd been attacked in Aviemore, without seeing the bit about midges on the previous page :lol:

Whether it's midges or mozzies, they always seem to reserve their aggro for the prettiest places. I hate all the little Bxtrds. I'm not sure if Midges are the same, but it's only the female mozzies that suck blood. The males feed on nectar, but the females choose to drain our blood instead!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The worst things by far are "no see ums" basically sand fleas that look like shrimps under the microscope. They live in wet sand in the Caribbean and they are murderous. They only eat your legs because they can't fly only jump. Sand fleas are everywhere in the world even on British beaches but only the US and Caribbean ones bite and suck blood. A mozzy bite is gone within a few days, with these things the itch and the *big* red spot can last for weeks. If a crowd of them gang up on you you can get about 100 bites in a few minutes. People have been put in hospital by the histamine shock.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I have been attacked in Aviemore in the summer and that is not West.
Aye we have them up here in the North East - But they are quite tame compared to the dreaded West Coast Midge.
(If I venture West I always carry a large can of Midge repellent, amongst other essentials in me Sporran) :snooty:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I have been attacked in Aviemore,but i think it was because it was my turn to get the 80 shilling in..Must have dropped off for a bit. :oops:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1