NVA and Tannoys.WOW.

All things NVA
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA and Tannoys.WOW.

Unread post by wallace »

I have just broken my golden rule,ie never look at ebay after a bottle of red wine.I put a silly bid on a pair of late 1980's Tannoy series 90 M20's and low and behold they were mine.They are now sitting upside down on top of my IPL's and i can only describe the sound as FUN,talk about in your face,to use a headphone analogy it's like going from a pair of sennheiser HD650's to a Grado SR325i's.Just goes to show that an AP70 will make anything sound interesting.Not recommended for you classical boys,but even her indoors said she had never heard Van Morrison's Astral Weeks sound listenable before.It makes a change for hifi to be fun rather than polite,for a change.Mind you i dread to think what they would sound like hooked up to my ,long gone ,Nait 5i. :o
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Andrew

Re: NVA and Tannoys.WOW.

Unread post by Andrew »

The closest I've come to those is a pair of Mercury MK2 way back when. They seem to have similar drivers, although yours have better cabinets. I remember listening to "living in a box" on them and thinking they were ace! Less good on gentler stuff, but I know what you mean about them being fun. It's always worth a dabble on such things. I think we learn from most experiences in life and hifi is no different.

More wine and more carefree purchases I say!

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

No,No more ebay,or i will have an upstairs landing system soon,she wouldn't stand for that. :naughty:
Still playing with the tannoy's thou,Zappas guitar solo on yellow snow never sounded quite like it does now,just started on Diana Krall ,,,,quick nurse,the screens.. :D
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Nice one Wallace... :clap: ...Seem's like yer having a Ball........Yev got it right, when the music put's a smile on yer face....... :dance: :dance: