Connecting P50sa - problems...

All things NVA
sc_ita
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connecting P50sa - problems...

Unread post by sc_ita »

Probably during shipping (especially if it passed through London airports :doh: ) one of the internal wires has been unsoldered, simply because of some bump, and the loose end went to make contact at some wrong point of the selector. Nothing could be simpler than opening the lid, find the loose wire and solder it in the appropriate spot.
ciao, Siro

Anesthetise
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

OK, it's the wires. I've had another look on that, it looks like all left channels are broken, the only working are direct and tape recording... But I don't know if I loose Doc's warranty when I fix it myself.
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

fafarskid

Unread post by fafarskid »

Possibly, it looks like left channel wire between switch and pot lost connection. Ask Doc 'what is best to do' is recommended.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Back now, if you have opened it then send a pic enclosed with a PM for me to have a look.