nva ap10p

All things NVA
schwantz34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: nva ap10p

Unread post by schwantz34 »

wallace wrote:Sounds like you might want a different headphone amp.I have just made a Cmoy amp from a kit i got off ebay from a man in Oz ,£20 and it drives the Grados very well.It has a bass boost switch,but i dont need it,i get more than enough bass allready. Did you get those plugs i sent you yet???.
hi Alan, i purchased a cmoy 3 or 4 years ago , in altoids box, is not bad , but the ap10 is better .
thanks the plugs arrived safe ;)
ciao!
s

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

A C Moy amp should drive Grados easily especially as Grado's own headphone amp is the same basic design but made with cheaper components and put in a fancy wooden box!

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

I use Grado RS-1 with the AP10H & it's right up there with my STAX setup with pretty much the same detail, less air and ambience, but more dynamics and foot tapping sound with the Grado / NVA - raw as sushi though, so shows no mercy for poor recordings, but magic with the right stuff.
Last edited by Yomanze on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

howardc1951 wrote:A C Moy amp should drive Grados easily especially as Grado's own headphone amp is the same basic design but made with cheaper components and put in a fancy wooden box!
Yes, but you'd want a 4556 opamp (like Grado use) as they offer high and stable current delivery, which is critical for Grados.