Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Yomanze
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Yomanze »

Hi, I'm Neil, have been reading this forum for a few weeks now. Currently have an NVA AP10H in my setup powering Grado RS-1s, to get the most out of Grados you need a small power amp up them, and the AP10H is quite literally that. Previously I have heavily used NVA cables and had some time with a lovely AP70. :)

Am a fan of another British, idiosyncratic, minimalist HiFi manufacturer too, which is LFD.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Neil - Welcome.

http://www.lfd-audio.co.uk/

Cant say ive heard much about their gear, but seem's like good stuff....... :clap:

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Cheers Jammy, yes, good kit & NVA fans would probably like it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

And probably like to pay the rip off prices as well :roll:

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:And probably like to pay the rip off prices as well :roll:
Disagree, you can spend a lot more and get a lot less...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well they are not Naim prices, but they are sold through retail and I think the guy that makes them is daft. He could very easily do the same as me as he has lost virtually all of his dealer network, but no he puts himself in the hands of one of the biggest hi-fi rip-off merchants in the industry and gives him an exclusive - to what purpose apart from to line the guys pocket. If he went direct his products would be 40 or 50% cheaper, so for me the current prices are an unnecessary rip-off as I said.

This is in no way criticism of the product, I have had very little experience of them.

Fredless

Unread post by Fredless »

Hello all,

having visited these pages a couple of times in the past, I thought I might as well register and post something here every now and then. I'm Hans, a graphic designer with music in it's broadest sense , and hifi in particular, as a hobby. I am also interested in woodworking, swimming, movies, and martial arts, although not practising any at the moment. I also run, be it depending on the weather, my mood and the size of the dog that is chasing me.
Currently, my system comprises the following: Sonneteer Byron CD-Player, Sonneteer Alabaster amplifier, Marantz 2215B (only the tuner section is used), and Rega Ara and Royd Minstrel loudspeakers. The components are hooked up using NVA SoundPipe interconnect and SoundPipe loudspeaker cable. Although quite pleased with the performance of the set, I am currently saving up for other speakers, since my mate's system with the same source and amplifier, performs better in almost every aspect with his speakers. I'll post a follow up as soon as I have the money to purchase a pair, and have them hooked up and playing some tunes!

Cheers,
Hans
Anyone seen Fred?

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Welcome Fredless

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Please note introduction is not compulsory, if you wish to remain anonymous then please do so.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Please note introduction is not compulsory, if you wish to remain anonymous then please do so.

But if we find out you are an AOS (Art of Shilling) spy.......................You Vill Be Shot................ :lol:

Sorry couldnt resist it - Resistance is futile............. :hand: