CLASSICAL...Recomendations.

All music posts here please.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CLASSICAL...Recomendations.

Unread post by jammy395 »

My favourite Rachmaninov piece by a country mile - possibly my favourite piece of music ever...(see posts above)

Ive checked it out......And indeed it is quite breathtaking - Headphones on lights dimmed and a couple drams at the time........ :violin: :violin: :violin:

selby

Unread post by selby »

Not truly classical but The Da Vinci Code soundtrack is worth a listen...
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

sc_ita

Unread post by sc_ita »

Well, I think you have rather neglected many of the pillars.
Where did you put A. Vivaldi, J.S. Bach, Haydn, A. Mozart, L. van Beethoven, G. Mahler, M. Ravel, C. Debussy, I. Stravinsky?
Not to mention the great Opera: Rossini-Verdi-Puccini-Wagner-Strauss ...

I would begin, however, with some concerts of Vivaldi and Mozart (especially for piano), in addition to the fundamental sinfonie by Beethoven (especially the odd: 3,5,7,9). A good key to open the mind to the modern music could be given by Debussy (for orchestra: La mer, Images, ... some of the piano pieces).

Ciao, Siro

andrewM

Unread post by andrewM »

Try the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony No 3. The last section, blow your socks off, that will :D
Rega Apollo, Mac Mini, watch this space...., Spendor S5e

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Hi Jammy I have a large pile of readers digest classical LP I was given and I listened to these to see what I liked if you want you can have them all you need to do is pay postage if you are interested let me know and I’ll find out what it would cost.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

applemarc wrote:Hi Jammy I have a large pile of readers digest classical LP I was given and I listened to these to see what I liked if you want you can have them all you need to do is pay postage if you are interested let me know and I’ll find out what it would cost.

Hi Applemarc,
Thank you very much for your kind offer, it,s very generous of you, and much apprieciated.
However i have been trying my best to get cultured and get into the classic scene this while back.
Unfortunatley i only seem to enjoy the favorite's (if you know what i mean) Blue Danube - Beethoven's 5th, 9th - March of the Valkire.....etc etc etc... you know the well known stuff..!!
But im afraid the vast majority of other classical scores i find very difficult to get into.....!!!
So please excuse me for declining your offer as i feel it would be a bit wasted on me, i would much rather think of your collection going to someone who would get the best out of it (would be nice to see it in the HS classified thread - as im sure many other forum member's would bite yer hand off)...!!!
Once again many thank's
All the very best.
Alan Robertson - Alias (Jammy)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Hi Jammy I know what you mean it’s only over the last year or so that I have started listening to anything that’s not mainstream and I have to be in thru right mood to listen to anything classical. I much prefer Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin The Doors or David Bowie. So these classical LP are manly the more common ones still the charity shop will know what to do with them.
Beresford Caiman Ipod