Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by jammy395 »

It can be fairly easy to get an amp sounding goood at medium / normal listening levels, more dificult to remain sounding good when a bit of welly is required.
But it is IMHO that to get an amp / system to sound good at constant low listening levels is probably the hardest of the lot.....A difficult trait indeed... :clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The AP20 is a very sweet amp, it used to be very popular in the 90's but now I sell far more AP10's for some reason.

hifihorn

Unread post by hifihorn »

hi everyone,

new to this forum ,seems to be sensible compared to shilling going on in others .

hope to have some usefull input .

Steve.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

welcome . at the risk of negating your sensible comment , is the name a reference to your preferred speakers or what effect hifi has upon you :D

hifihorn

Unread post by hifihorn »

LOL Horn speakers

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Welcome Steve :text-welcomewave:

andrewM

Unread post by andrewM »

Hi, everyone. As an invertate lurker, I thought it about time I joined up (also I am making some system changes and may have some items to go into the classifieds section later on this year as I'm downsizing accommodation!). Having been using, and enjoying, NVA amps since 2009 (previously Naim). Interests are mostly classical - with a bit of jazz thrown in. Hope to post occasionally now I've signed in.

Andrew
Rega Apollo, Mac Mini, watch this space...., Spendor S5e

r100

Unread post by r100 »

Hi, I am from Switzerland. Have been using Quad transistor equipment for the last 20+ years with a very nice speaker pair from Jean Maurer (sure no one knows those). I recently bought a NVA AP30 out of pure curiosity. Now it's the centerpiece of my setup. I will be updating the Quads 34/306 with parts from http://dadaelectronics.eu to see if they can catch up with the AP30.

Best
Rupert

andrewM

Unread post by andrewM »

Hi Rupert
Nice to see I'm now not the newest kid on the block! Nice to hear you are still enjoying your Quad 34/306 - in my younger days they were something I always wanted but never could afford! My next step at the moment is a new dac - I have ordered a TeddyDAC from Teddy Pardo to see if it suits my system - may start a thread to report on how I get on with it!

Andrew
Rega Apollo, Mac Mini, watch this space...., Spendor S5e

r100

Unread post by r100 »

Hi Andrew,
I have never heard of that DAC but after a quick google it sure looks (sounds) like a very good one. I hope you enjoy it ! Looking forward to your report ;-)
All the best.