NVA CUBE2

All things NVA
Ninanina
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA CUBE2

Unread post by Ninanina »

Oky doky ill wait for Gromit. Are they anything like Minstrels tho?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

In what way, they are a completely different design, in fact they have nothing in common apart from they are both two way moving coil speakers.

Now if I answer about the music then you get my opinion :roll: ok but remember I am biased - musically on a par, information wise similar but the NVA gives greater spacial and acoustic information. Frequency range simlilar but the Royd adds LF colouration from the port. The NVA is tighter in the low bass.

Differences - the Royds are two speakers firing at you from down near the floor, they do the usual binocular musical presentation with an image between the speakers. Scale is comparatively small. Cubes - speakers largely disappear and sound like the speaker has become the wall, or really no speaker at all. Very large 3 dimensional image completely out of box, higher and wider than the speakers. Scale is much larger and more real especially for orchestra.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

I can't talk for the Cube 2s, but I have heard Cube 1s and, because of that, now own Cubix. They aren't like any other speakers I've heard. Definitely not a 'hi fi' sound (i.e. not bland, don't smooth things out, don't 'bloom'). I think they may be love or hate for some people. Comparing Cubix to my Epos ES22s, they present a much bigger sound in every sense - wider, deeper, more dynamic. I have the ES22s in another room with a CD player/stepped attenuator preamp/Exposure Super VIII and whilst that sounds musical, there's more veiling and smoothing out of the sound.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Doc, have you built some Cube2s?
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have Cube 2's running on the main system at the moment. Well not actually running as I haven't wired in the amps I am going to use now Applemarc has bought the TSS.