Jerry's ongoing system blog

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jerry's ongoing system blog

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Don't be scared of computer audio, it is the future, for better or worse.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Alas Jammy : :D

Adjustable egg cup Patent USD342419 ...

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Fuk it Dan...I had plan's to retire on that one...Oh well back to the drawing board..... :twisted:

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

jammy395 wrote:Jerry as ive said before i like yer blog...... :clap:

You are now, What i once was - A persistent box swapper of the highest order, you Sir crave the ellusive hifi Nirvana that ultimatley can never be found..... :hand:

But for you there will always be something missing. :doh:

Whatever you do dont let yer obssesion get in the may of the music
Ha ha !!! :lol:

No, you do not understand me at all, Jammy. :naughty:

I just change gear cos I like to hear different kit.

I am not after an impossible to achieve perfection, I can assure you!

I haven't disliked what my system does for years now -- I just like trying different things. :dance:
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

jandl100

alfer wrote:I havent looked at this thread before but now I have I think it fair to say I shall be ignoring it.
What is the point? I dont want that level of detail of what a person does with their system.
Is there much about NVA in it I could not search word too common.

Bye
That's fine, alfer, I do not have a problem with that :) -- but you do seem to have missed the point! :shifty:

Bye!!

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

jandl100

Daniel Quinn wrote:But by all means take issue with what his written , his preference for turntables with metal platters and graphic equalisers baffles me. :D
:lol:

Ah, I do love Japanese direct drive turntables, and yes they do have metal platters; that's where my current obsession with mats comes from - to damp or bypass, that is the question (damp, is the answer with my current tt) - I'd not swap 'em for anything else at all. :snooty:

Graphic equalisers :o -- ah, well, it's a bit of a surprise to me as well! :shifty:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

jandl100 wrote:
alfer wrote:I havent looked at this thread before but now I have I think it fair to say I shall be ignoring it.
What is the point? I dont want that level of detail of what a person does with their system.

Bye
That's fine, alfer, I do not have a problem with that :) -- but you do seem to have missed the point! :shifty:

Bye!!
I find it quite a good read :o

alfer

Unread post by alfer »

jandl100 wrote:

Bye

Bye!!
Jerry
Thanks for your response. If you wish to enlighten me on the point I am open to listen.
AtoZ

jandl100

The point? .... er, well, ummm ... I am quite well known (infamous?) in some parts of our small hifi world for changing equipment quite often.
Some folks really do seem to like to share my ongoing hifi journey vicariously, and perhaps agree/disagree with my thoughts on it.

I do get thru a lot of kit, including a fair amount of obscure stuff that others might not have encountered before ... I include photos, and some folk like to see pics of hifi. I like to see these things that others write about, too. Yes, I know it's a bit sad, but there you go!

Ummm .... a few folk here have said they like to read about my ever-evolving system ... perhaps they could tell you why! .... :think:

Does that help at all?

Btw - I have owned NVA gear and I rate it highly - a pair of A80 monoblocks and a P90 (?) passive pre. I was also the inspiration for RD to try out and then include stepped attenuators in his passive pre-amp lineup. So even the Doc keeps an eye on what I get up to! :dance:

jandl100

:snooty:
Last edited by jandl100 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.