SSP Interconnect

All things NVA
zebbo
Great Britain

SSP Interconnect

Unread post by zebbo »

Doc, if I wanted to try the SSP interconnects and can only afford one set would there be a preference whether they were fitted between Phono 2 and Pre or between Pre and A80's? Will I hear the SSP character by just changing one set or would it be an "averaged" sound of the SSP and my existing cables, (QED Silver spiral), ? Or would I do much better to just wait until I can afford 2 sets? Why do I feel I know what the answer is going to be...... :D
Cheers.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: SSP Interconnect

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They will give equal benefit where ever you put them.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'll get back to you when I can afford 2 sets, then I KNOW that I'm only listening to the SSPs.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Sovereign
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

I borrowed a SSP and I must admit I am very impressed with it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sovereign wrote:I borrowed a SSP and I must admit I am very impressed with it.
Don't Fff'ing confuse me more than you have done already, you said you were keeping it.

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

No, I didn't.
I just wanted to borrow one to compare to the MArk Grant.
I will definitely buy one in due course, I want to focus on upgrading my amps and then start investing in SSP and LS6.
To avoid ANY confusion I will pop it in the post today.

NicolasFromFrance

Unread post by NicolasFromFrance »

Currently running SSP with my old AP50 (with LS6).
Such a tremendous improvement !!! :clap: (clarity, space, dynamics and more extension in lowest frequencies) over my Flatline BlueAngel interconnect (which compared favourably to several other interconnects when I chose it -in 1998...-).

Probably one of the best upgrade for those who don't have SSP yet. :)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What I don't get is the polarity of views between forums, yes of course synergy comes into it, but a good cable is a good cable. I have mentioned before a classic example is AoS v here. On AoS everyone goes on about Mark Grant cables and the consensus is the plug is more important than the cable, where as here Mark Grant is just not mentioned, apart from once by Sovereign. Also the consensus here is that cable is more important than plugs. Here the cable is SSP, well there must be a large bit of NVA-ism involved, but apart as I say from Sovereign I have never seen the cables compared.

I would be interesting for someone to do a shoot out between the forum favs, though I don't know what other favs should be included, and obviously I can't do it as everyone will think I am biased.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Well, when I get around to accurately measuring the lengths I need, I will be trying two sets and will play them off against my Silver Spirals but at less than half the cost of the SSP it'll not be much of a fight I would guess.
I finished up connecting the whole lot up with the Spirals after years of continually swapping cables in & out and listening for differences all the time, it was doing my head in! What decided me to try the SSP was the fact that, after running the A80s, it was obvious that we share the same values in sound reproduction so hopefully I'll simply get much more of the same.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

zebbo wrote: hopefully I'll simply get much more of the same.
That's certainly my experience with NVA amps and cables: more detail, more space, more music.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro