The Analog Kid

All general audio posts go here.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: The Analog Kid

Unread post by Fretless »

I do have a solar-panel array for electrics and that often causes audible disturbance in the Hifi. Strangely, since I now have the PSU for the phono section constantly switched on, I haven't noticed that recently.
These users thanked the author Fretless for the post:
slinger (Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:10 pm)
VinylLogic DM101 / Syrinx LE1 / Grado Signature MCZ
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono) - PSU - A40s - BMU+ Arcam One

Fretless
Netherlands

Re: The Analog Kid

Unread post by Fretless »

Finally into a busy work period in the post-lockdown return to a semblance of normaility. Not had much opportunity to mess with Hifi but there are a couple of small improvements to the vintage system - which has, to be honest, been rather neglected through the decades.

Firstly - BMU! Firing up the NVA A40 stereo amp and the phono PSU with balanced mains has enriched, deeped and solidified the soundfield. You can feel the amp opening up and operating more comfortably.

Secondly, the speaker leads were simply bare wire clamped to the binding posts on the Arcam One's and I picked up a couple of smart, gold-plated, Chi-Fi banana plugs from Nedis for 7 euro per pair.

This really did make a considerable impact on the SQ, as if the input to the speakers had been strangled for years by insufficient contact.

Now this venerable setup is sounding far better than ever before and is, in the brief moments I have to enjoy it, making some wonderful music.

Ah well, back to work.
:chores-chopwood: :chores-laundry: :chores-mop: :chores-mowlawn: :chores-vacuum:
These users thanked the author Fretless for the post:
Latteman (Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:00 am)
VinylLogic DM101 / Syrinx LE1 / Grado Signature MCZ
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono) - PSU - A40s - BMU+ Arcam One