NVA brand

All general audio posts go here.
Progmeister
Great Britain

NVA brand

Unread post by Progmeister »

Great to see NVA in the HiFi world mag this month and a piece of kit in my local dealers shop. :guiness;
These users thanked the author Progmeister for the post:
savvypaul (Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:46 pm)
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Daniel Quinn

Re: NVA brand

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Some might consider this anathema to what Richard stood for and they'd be right. But Nva if it's to continue must find a new way.

One thing is for sure it's going to have to sell on its sound quality like never before so I'm sure Richard would be happy about that.
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Makes commercial sense to me - business is business and if it gets NVA out there and listened to by punters then the amps will do the rest.
Don't forget Richard used dealers and magazine reviews to build his first NVA business in the 80's and 90's.
These users thanked the author 29mile for the post:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Richard was NVA's marketing in the last 10 years. Our job, now, is to get NVA heard (and heard and heard of) by as many enthusiasts as possible. We will always have a direct sales range that is all about simplicity and quality components at the keenest prices, but we won't be afraid to partner with dealers who 'get' what the NVA design ethos is all about, to sell a more 'universal range'. That's a little way down the tracks, yet, though...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:09 pm Richard was NVA's marketing in the last 10 years. Our job, now, is to get NVA heard (and heard and heard of) by as many enthusiasts as possible. We will always have a direct sales range that is all about simplicity and quality components at the keenest prices, but we won't be afraid to partner with dealers who 'get' what the NVA design ethos is all about, to sell a more 'universal range'. That's a little way down the tracks, yet, though...
Richard was running NVA at a level that kept him away from VAT etc.he wasn't worried about commercial success just having happy customers. Things have changed and now the brand has to support premises, workers and advertising. I am sure that you will maintain the brand standards but you can't do it on a hobby basis. I hope it works out well.
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:49 am) • jandl100 (Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:52 pm)

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

29mile wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 pm Makes commercial sense to me - business is business and if it gets NVA out there and listened to by punters then the amps will do the rest.
Well said.
It's your brand now Paul. But honouring the past ethos of NVA seems important to you too. Its a tricky balance, I'm sure!
These users thanked the author Docfoster for the post:
savvypaul (Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:49 am)
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Our next Hi-Fi World ad???

I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:09 pm Richard was NVA's marketing in the last 10 years. Our job, now, is to get NVA heard (and heard and heard of) by as many enthusiasts as possible. We will always have a direct sales range that is all about simplicity and quality components at the keenest prices, but we won't be afraid to partner with dealers who 'get' what the NVA design ethos is all about, to sell a more 'universal range'. That's a little way down the tracks, yet, though...
If you're looking for a dealer in Germany who would be able to understand the principles of NVA maybe you could contact the guys from https://www.phonophono.de. I bought two times from them. First time an Exposure 3010 S2D Integrated and an Exposure CDP for my mother (she wanted remote control) and now after quitting with her husband (he keeps the Exposures) a Rega Brio, rega Apollo CDP and the PMCs I mentioned in another thread. Before buying the Rega I asked if I should take it or an Edwards at the same price. The answer was: Take the Rega, don't care about the wattage, it's the current flow that counts and makes the music. If you like to have a look at their website and maybe contact them. They seem to have an open ear for good sounding gear and have a well reputed shop and online shop well known here in Germany.