Prime Minister admitted to hospital

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
valvesRus
Great Britain

Re: Prime Minister admitted to hospital

Unread post by valvesRus »

Boris is now in intensive care.

No further details at the moment.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NAx3tsy-k[/BBvideo]

I wish him a full recovery.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

I really do not like him or a large number of his cabinet or associate's but I hope he fully recovers.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 pm I really do not like him or a large number of his cabinet or associate's but I hope he fully recovers.
+1
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Pleased to see the 2 posts above. Politics should not come into this Covid19 outbreak. I for one am hoping he makes a full recovery soon.

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

One of the puzzling aspects of this pandemic is how different infected people respond. Hancock seemed to shake it off quite quickly. I did wonder whether we would ever see professor Chris Witty again after the deafening silence following his infection and then last night he pops up out of nowhere whilst Boris's condition has taken a turn for the worse. On our local north west news last night there was a short feature on a lady aged 99 who had recovered from a confirmed case of Corvid 19. Else where people across the age group spectrum continue to die, demonstrating the need for everyone to take the utmost care. I truly hope that the world at large learns some lessons from this pandemic and that we start 2021 wiser and more thoughtful about what really matters.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

It seems that virus are cunning things, one of the odd aspects of SARS-CoV-2 seems to be its lack of effect on the young. I know bugger all about biology in general but one theory I have seen is that the effect of the virus depends on the level of similar antibodies already in the system. It hides behind them stopping the immune system from doing its job. So the very young who have not seen many years of virus infection, so has few antibodies provides nothing for the new one to hide behind. As you age the levels of antibodies increase meaning the immune system has a harder job seeing the new virus. Apparently this is not unknown, Dengue fever also does this. If you catch it twice, the second time is worst.

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020 ... 2005456117

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

But as you get older surely your antibodies decrease?

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:32 pm But as you get older surely your antibodies decrease?
Google is your friend if knowledge is required. :)

Evolution of the immune system in humans from infancy to old age.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/ ... .2014.3085

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:32 pm But as you get older surely your antibodies decrease?
I may have badly explain something that I know bugger all about. I mean as you get older, your immune system has seen more attacks, so has more antibodies created by fighting more attacking things.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/ea ... s/antibody

And

"The amount of antibodies produced in response to an antigen is less in older people, and the antibodies are less able to attach to the antigen"

But I don't know if the above means that existing antibodies dissaper as well as not being less able to create new ones.

But if you disagree for whatever reason assume I was wrong and go from there with your own reason for the young being immune.