Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
guydarryl

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by guydarryl »

?
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

guydarryl wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 pm?
Tiz a long and somewhat tragic tale Guy.

I mearly mentioned the fact to Hucker that me floor and wall tiles cost more than his Hyundai (Not Lambo)..... :mrgreen:
Of course Hucks thinking he is richer than Moi, Bill Gates, and Sheikh Amoudi combined wanted photographic proof. Which I declined.
Now this insenced the fellow so much he cursed me to Hell and back, called me a dirty rotten liar, and shame of all shames banned me from his 2 member 8 sock puppet forum.

Oh the Fu*k*n embarrassment........ :oops: :oops: :oops:

I sent him a pic of Moray me Highland Coo instead.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

:guiness;

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Bloody hell mate, you must have been banned from just about every forum :guiness;
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I think that's quite enough about Mr Hucker, guys. We don't insult people in public here anymore, but by all means, feel free to do so in private. ;)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I agree totally slinger.

As a reminder, when discussing members of other forums, the opening post of this stickied thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50170
contains the following:
The new HFS starts, today, with 'Day 1' and the following addition to the forum rules :

Members of other forums will be afforded the same 'no ad-hominem' protection as members here.

Address the content of the post or website, not the author. Play the ball and not the man.

seawitch

Unread post by seawitch »

Hi all. Just joined up here.

I have been reading here a couple of months, and grabbed myself some LS2 speaker cable clone from the local hardware store to try with my Royd speakers, and some Rothwell River cable available locally (soundcord clone cause I don't know how to get NVA gear to Australia) Works a treat! So thought I may as well join up.

I am very busy with work, so do not post much, but will do a lot of reading. I have have four pairs of Royd speakers so a bit of talk about them here.

Would also consider more NVA gear down the line, especially cables, so if anyone knows how to get this stuff to Australia, I'd love to know. :pray:

Thanks guys.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Hey seawitch. Glad you have introduced yourself :grin: Any contributions to the forum are welcomed, it's good to have members from other continents. I don't know if nva has ever made it down under or if it is possible. Well anything is possible i suppose.

Plenty of love for Royd here and lots of information in the archives. Which models have you got ?
DIY FREE ZONE

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome seawitch, nice to have an Aussie on board.

seawitch

Unread post by seawitch »

I have Doubletts, Eden, 'ackroyd' Coniston, Topaz. The surrounds on the Topaz have started to split, should not have stored them away!! i was using them for ages.

I have gone back to a small simple bedroom setup with integrated and standmounts after using tubes/pre power/vintage/larger speakers etc.etc.

I have just recently started to revisit Royd standmount speakers on linn ii stands after putting them all away. The Edens were too hard/bright, so used early Conistons. These were better but still had a bit of rough top end via CD. I could not cure this with different cables/amps and started to get frustrated. I did put it down to poor mastering/digital front end, but enter LS2 clone $5.00 from the local hardware. These cured all problems from the get go so Richard knows his stuff, now using Edens and they sound great.

I ended up here after an older NVA integrated was available but sold before I could decide. This got me interested in NVA and the LS2 clone.

I will conitnue to lurk around, and probably read more than contribute but I will have some questions, and I think I would like to hear more NVA, just need to work out how to get it here if i decide i want more.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Hi Seawitch and welcome to HFS.

There was quite a lot of NVA sold in the Asian (Japan/Malaysia) market in the 90's - you might be able to find something on second-hand sites.

International postage is always possible and I am sure that the 30-day trial period will apply to you as well as anyone else.

There's definitely some NVA down under - just found this AP35 recently sold:
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/ ... ley-audio/

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ