HS2 opinions

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: HS2 opinions

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Hardly 50% :lol:

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Just google it DQ, and learn for.yourself.

Why do you think it is being reviewed.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It is not 50% funded. That is blatantly not true.

scotty38
Kiribati

Unread post by scotty38 »

karatestu wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:47 am
scotty38 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 pm
karatestu wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:59 pm Couldn't agree more classic but then i am being a bit of a nimby over this. I would still be against it though even if it didn't come near my house (100 metres away).
Has it moved since your first post? :lol: :lol:

Apols, couldn't resist....
My first post says within 120 metres. It is actually 100 metres away which is indeed within 120 metres. I used 120 metres originally because that is the cut off point - HS2 must buy your house for market value based on the line not happening if within 120 metres. If within 60 metres then my house would have been compulsory purchased.

I am probably the only member here directly affected by this. They even want to compulsory purchase a small part of my front garden because the road has to be moved to go under the line which is on stilts at this point. I also have an agricultural field which the line runs right through.

I realise that progress must happen to satisfy capitalism but it has been a cause of much stress and i have been in limbo for years. I love my house and didn't want to move. At the same time i can not find a comparable property in the area. We were going to have an extension put on but that has been put on hold. You see phase 2 has not been finalised yet. Bits of the design keep changing.

The whole area will be rejoicing if it gets scrapped. We are not even on a high speed part of the line, just at the very end where it connects to the existing rail network.
I get all that and I feel for you I truly do, but it was just a joke nothing more. Hope it all works out for you!

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

ADMIN
Can we all play nice and keep the temperature and the language down please guys.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:06 pm It is not 50% funded. That is blatantly not true.
Phase 1, which is all they are working on right now is.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

The review and the prospect of crashing out of Europe without a deal are not a coincidence.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

You mean they were planned ?

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

As a modern economy we should be investing heavily in and utilising the rail network much more than we do in this country. Freight, especially, should be on the railways for the bulk of the movement rather than clogging our roads with huge, polluting diesel HGVs. However, as it is, it's barely fit for purpose and we need to bite the bullet and put in some serious investment in the infrastructure. As for "crashing out" well that would make some serious money available to get stuff started - massive engineering project, forward thinking and thousands of UK jobs for many years. It's about time this country started looking after itself and it's own instead of being the "golden boy" of Europe and dishing out massive contracts to other countries while our own companies are ground down to non-existence leaving us dependant on others. (and yes, I'm aware of the "divorce bill" but if they want any of that they're going to have to play ball aren't they !).
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

One "benefit" of HS2 is that it frees up more capacity for freight on the existing rail infrastructure.

And it surely must be a good thing getting more HGVs off our already overcrowded roads ?