The Wake

All things NVA
Latteman
Great Britain

The Wake

Unread post by Latteman »

The Wake
As the Doc has passed and there is uncertainty about the future of Nva are we missing the opportunity to celebrate his ‘work’
An anniversary special edition amp or cable is probably out of the question ( but would be fitting) so-should we have a wake?
A get together of members (yearly) to celebrate, discus, play and show Nva equipment. Who knows it could be the new Glastonbury.
What other ways can we celebrate Richard Dunn and Nva to keep it moving forward - can it be done?
Would it be fitting?
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

zebbo
Great Britain

Re: The Wake

Unread post by zebbo »

It's a nice idea.
I had a group of friends over a couple of weeks after Richard had passed away and we spent the evening listening to music on my full NVA system and raised a glass or three to our curmudgeonly friend. :grin: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Re: The Wake

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

What a lovely idea, could we club together and hire a room to demo his designs and have photo.s of him and the kit up and even a small leaflet about is life and work, we could also invite the press he loved so much (yer right).
I would love to help a bit with this and could serve coffee and wash up. :guiness;
It can be done so imagine it.