Why is music so important for us.

All music posts here please.
guydarryl

Re: Why is music so important for us.

Unread post by guydarryl »

I can't quite put my finger on the reason/s. I can be "perked up" or calmed down by music, I really don't appreciate poetry, but can be inspired/angered/feel empathy through song lyrics. Love the patterns (and some times the inevitability of where the music is going) - may be why so much "jazz" leaves me cold.

Can't play any music myself so quite frustrating when I see people performing live - real sense of wonder; one of the more worthwhile occupations for people. Music really is a basic for life in my opinion.

Watching my mum's response to music since the onset of her dementia has certainly highlighted to me the very basic, "primitive brain", response to rhythm and patterns - is it some basic need to make sense of one of our senses?
She certainly doesn't need a "hifi" system to get her to a very happy state.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Music is everything for me. I listen to Radio 4 in the morning until 9.00, then switch to Radio 6 music for the rest of the day. At home I have no TV license, so music from 6.00pm to 9.00pm via Radio 3 and 6. Otherwise my ever-expanding CD collection from 20th century classical to Pavo Pavo, and everything in between.... except Country or Western. I'd rather be blind then deaf.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Not having a tv is a bold move and one i congratulate you on. I would love to do it but wife and kids would not allow it.

All those channels and nothing but shite to watch. I binge watch stuff on netflix, mainly stuff from america.

Music on the telly is too sparse. I always end up watching music programmes if they are on - bbc4, vintage tv.
DIY FREE ZONE

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It's a false premise.
Like everything in life its moderation that counts.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Music is the sound track of your life. Most people recall the first record they bought, music they danced to as a kid or at their wedding etc. Music also helps you through tough times ......and happy moments
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s