Why is music so important for us.

All music posts here please.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Why is music so important for us.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Do you feel lost and missing part of your life without it.

Does it drive your emotions.

Is it like a drug.

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Why is music so important for us.

Unread post by karatestu »

It stirs the emotions. Can make me feel really happy or thoughtful. My mood at the time determines what i put on.

The other big thing is it brings back memories. Saw Adam Ant at an 80's festival last year and i was right back as a 7yr old again. I can remember what i was doing when i first heard a certain song. Nirvana smells like teen spirit is one that springs to mind.

Singing and dancing along with my 5yr old daughter is what life is all about. Get a few drinks down ya neck and the sky's the limit.
DIY FREE ZONE

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:46 pm Do you feel lost and missing part of your life without it.

Does it drive your emotions.

Is it like a drug.
Yes to all of these.
Hopelessly addicted. :music-headbanger:

"Music was my first love,
and it will be my last ....
" :violin: :violin: :violin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

Agree to all above! Lifting the mood, putting a grin in your face, being deeply impressed or just giving shelter.

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

Having some Kraan - Flyday at the moment. Able to put you into different spheres.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

On a slightly more serious note ...

My parents realised that I was severely short-sighted when I was 4 years old. Which meant that my impression of the world was more about sound than vision until they finally fitted me with ghastly, NHS, milk-bottle spectacles. Childhood memories from the mid-60's are mainly the songs I heard on the radio, everything I could see was just a blur.

Music has always given me an environment I can 'feel' and keys directly into my emotions.

Unfortunately I have had to live with the possibility that my eyes might fail one day. This has led me to becoming an obsessive CD collector, trying to accumulate as many great recordings as I can, while I can.
Also the search for a modest but musically revealing and satisfying audio system led me early on to adopting NVA equipment as my amplifier of choice.

So, one eye is pretty well useless nowadays. The other is still good enough to get by. But the hearing is okay and the music rolls on.
Last edited by Fretless on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Therapy for blindness - what a brilliant application.

Rick4001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rick4001 »

I listen to music every day, it would be a huge chasm without it. As everyone is saying it's the emotional effect it has from the spine tingle of new sound to the tears of a memory to the comfort of an old friend. I can retreat into music when the world becomes overwhelming, thankfully that doesn't happen so much these days. There are the people I've met and friends I've made through music. It's such a huge part of me, and as the Doc will attest that must be a big bit lol.
I've also played music in a few bands over the years and although " retired " now I still really enjoy the thrill of holding a guitar and feeling the tunes as I play them.
Sorry, I'll stop gushing now.
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Music has been a huge part of my life for over fifty years, ever since I had my first transistor radio. Top of the Pops was my highlight of the week. I was blown away when they showed the Beatles performing Get Back on the roof top. I had an older friend who would come to my house and play his Beatles albums. I was devistated when they broke up. Glam rock soon followed and later on in my teens i got in to rock of a less commercial nature. Bowie was my idol and i embraced all his changes until Lets Dance.

I have always played a lot of music and it has helped me get through bad times. Songs and albums have memories associated with them. In recent years streaming has opened up a new world and I am catching up with things I missed over the decades. With the gear i have recently purchased, since discovering NVA, it has never sounded so good.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Bencat57
Great Britain

Unread post by Bencat57 »

I have to listen to music every day I have been in love with it since i was a child. In my early twenties I had an accident which because of two operations on the same knee left me with a patch of nerves not connected except for the pain receptors . Result has been around forty years of constant pain with nothing that can reduce it . So as there is no physical issue purely a nerve problem the only thing you can do is distract the brain and do two things or more at once which reduces the pain very well . So music in the car , music on headphones when I am out walking and then at home music .

Music is such a huge thing around the world that there is now always new music to discover and find so now I have around 54,000 tracks on CD and buying every week .