NVA Cube speaker stands

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

NVA Cube speaker stands

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have wanted to do speaker stands for a while but space and storage has been a problem, so we are going to do it differently, they will be sold as a kit.

The acrylic construction as used in the new case speaker adapts to the stand column. A 10cm x 10cm x 60cm (30cm for bigger speakers or Cubix) hollow square section black acrylic column with a hole in one end will be what will be sold, price to be confirmed. You decide according to which speaker or personal taste how many columns you use. For example Cubettes just need one per speaker, better with two, Cube 1 three or four per speaker. You decide on top and base plate size and material, lots of alternatives available at B & Q or Homebase. I am going to use black stone paving slab, very cheap and perfect for the job. You could go to black marble or slate or anything. As the legs are able to be filled then this is next step if required, from dry sand or gravel to lead or steel shot, lots of possibilities. For me I am going for gravel with a pouring of my doping glue to bind it. Bison does the job of attaching the bits together.

Visually will be a perfect match for your Cubes or Cubettes.

Pictures when I make some up. Price to be confirmed per column.

montechristo358
Great Britain

Re: NVA Cube speaker stands

Unread post by montechristo358 »

interesting, whats the plan for attaching the columns to the chosen top and baseplates?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Glue, same as everything NVA.

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

so I guess an acrylic top plate would be the icing?
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You can use anything to your choice, that is the point. It is the column that transmits the energy especially with Cubes due to top driver, top and bottom plate much less important. They are just there to support the column (bass) and the speaker (top).

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Would make sense to have an acrylic top plate and stone/slate/ marble base for stability.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

If you want, as I say the choice is yours as explained.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am loading my test columns with river gravel then binding it with glue tomorrow. Still haven't decided on top and bottom plate' looked a stone today, I think too rough, I am going to look at ceramic tiles next, though one may be too thin two or three bonded together may be perfect. Black mirror tiles would do the job perfectly.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

SORRY NOT CHEAP

Single leg stands 60cm - built using back to back black mirror floor tiles top and bottom (my fav) - £230.00
Dual leg stands 60cm - as above - £450.00
Triple leg stands 60cm - as above - £670.00
Quad leg stands 60cm - as above - £890.00

These will be sent in semi kit form you have to attach top and bottom plates and feet. Legs will be loaded with gravel and sealed with glue (my best option, price v benefit).

KITS - Empty 60cm legs you can fill with what you wish and attach your choice of top and bottom plate - £80.00 each.

Later I may do a 30cm version for floor standers and Cubix. Prices will stay the same.