IF there's another Brexit referendum...

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: IF there's another Brexit referendum...

Unread post by Classicrock »

Copperblue wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:11 pm
Classicrock wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 am
CN211276 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 am

+1
There should never have been a referendum in the first place. Cameron took a reckless gamble with the nations future because he was scared of losing votes to Ukip. Even if sense prevails and we remain, it has still been costly.
Fact is there was a referendum and the result can't be undone and has to be respected to at least a substantial degree. I think you have to draw a consistent line on who can vote and in law adults are 18 or over. Some people forget until early 70s this was 21. While there is some perception that 16 year olds are more responsible now and more clued up I doubt that is the case. Maybe more open to the untruths flying around online. Anyway leaving EU is primarily a political decision about controlling our own laws rather than economic. While some firms are in a panic those that have been geared up to trade outside the EU mostly are more relaxed about changes. There are always a group of people who are glass half empty and shout loudest. I think there is a silent majority that accept the vote and plenty companies that started preparing for exit a long way back. Businesses should be prepared for any unforeseen eventuality and this one has been pretty predictable for some time.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/10m- ... f0a080de9f

IMHO the vote was flawed, probably illegal.

There is a lot of evidence out there supporting systematic inference of a foreign government. This has also been corroborated by exposure of Russian payments to The Northern League in Italy, bank rolling their campaigns.

It’s disrespectful to patronise the youth but not unexpected. It seems that it is Brexiteers burying their heads in the sand.
FFS whatever you think of the result or how the campaign was conducted it was not illegal. Try bringing a case before the courts and find out. Don't think the result will be to your liking. I'm afraid you portray the attitude that has been exaggerated by biased journalism on part of the BBC and others. Frankly if you don't like democracy try living in Russia.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Nothing is reality per usual, over optimism on one side over pessimism on the other. Reality in life for us will be a compromise that turns into a fuck-up that leads to more fuck-ups, it is the British way.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

The biased journalism has been on the part of the tabloids.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Classicrock wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:26 pm
Copperblue wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:11 pm
Classicrock wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:32 am

Fact is there was a referendum and the result can't be undone and has to be respected to at least a substantial degree. I think you have to draw a consistent line on who can vote and in law adults are 18 or over. Some people forget until early 70s this was 21. While there is some perception that 16 year olds are more responsible now and more clued up I doubt that is the case. Maybe more open to the untruths flying around online. Anyway leaving EU is primarily a political decision about controlling our own laws rather than economic. While some firms are in a panic those that have been geared up to trade outside the EU mostly are more relaxed about changes. There are always a group of people who are glass half empty and shout loudest. I think there is a silent majority that accept the vote and plenty companies that started preparing for exit a long way back. Businesses should be prepared for any unforeseen eventuality and this one has been pretty predictable for some time.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/10m- ... f0a080de9f

IMHO the vote was flawed, probably illegal.

There is a lot of evidence out there supporting systematic inference of a foreign government. This has also been corroborated by exposure of Russian payments to The Northern League in Italy, bank rolling their campaigns.

It’s disrespectful to patronise the youth but not unexpected. It seems that it is Brexiteers burying their heads in the sand.
FFS whatever you think of the result or how the campaign was conducted it was not illegal. Try bringing a case before the courts and find out. Don't think the result will be to your liking. I'm afraid you portray the attitude that has been exaggerated by biased journalism on part of the BBC and others. Frankly if you don't like democracy try living in Russia.
Democracy has been compromised. The evidence is out there. It will not be silenced
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

setting son
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by setting son »

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Absolutely right! :clap:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Very true.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Nothing new then. I thought Boris was leading the proper campaign. The involvement of Banks and the other campaign drew little media attention apart from one poster that upset the PC brigade. All the focus appeared to be on that bus and linking two lines of words as in 1+1= 3. Trump would call this fake news.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

The forthcoming months are already planned.

No-deal Brexit followed immediately by Boris Johnson becoming PM and the UK proving that it is able to stand easily on its own in direct competition with the EU, USA, China and so on. And not becoming a bankrupt and isolated third-world land as some would have you believe.

The IRA have been sorted out before. No worries there. All immigrants to be forced into little rubber boats at Folkestone and pointed in the direction of France.

No problem. Everybody happy.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ