Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
John Rackham
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by John Rackham »

Apologies Dr Bunsen, I'm not really known for my sense of humour, and people might find me a little sensitive.

I'm not a pirate or anything remotely related to one, I'm John Rackham. It's not funny that some seem to think that I could anyway be anyway anything to do with that idiot on HFWW.

scotty38
Kiribati

Unread post by scotty38 »

Yeah, take no notice of them thar landlubbers, the naughty rascals

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

I asked the possibility of a personal meeting, so I think it's time to introduce myself, at least in a nutshell. I'm 46, living in Budapest. I have a degree in economics, but working in the IT business for 22 years in the same company. I'm married for 24 years with the same woman (what a boring life, isn't it?). We have a son (17) and a doughter (15). Music was always very important for me, and now that our company is growing rapidly, I can spend on it at last. I've found NVA somewhere around 2010 when I bought a used AP50 with SSC and LS3 for my Marantz player and Tannoy d80 speakers. Of course I didn't have the slightest idea about the sound, but I "bought the story". It was such a big step up after my Sony amp and "Idunno" cables, that now there was no question what should I buy. The current setup: Isotek Titan One, NVA BMU, Auralic Aries, AQ diamond USB, Chord 2Qute, TIS, TCS, TIS, A80, TSCS, Cube1.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

John Rackham wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:06 am...Between my homes I currently have a number of different set ups, with the main one being a Techdas AF1 TT, Audio Note Ongaku, Acapella High Violoncello speakers. My second is a classic Krell - Wilson Audio affair...
:text-worthless:
Amy chance of you posting some photos of your pleasantly unusual and certainly not run of the mill gear (maybe in a different thread)?

Even better, any chance of popping round one evening for a listening session?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The man is a troll and liar, haven't you noticed.

It is I, Leclerc

Unread post by It is I, Leclerc »

kellerist wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:01 am I asked the possibility of a personal meeting, so I think it's time to introduce myself, at least in a nutshell. I'm 46, living in Budapest. I have a degree in economics, but working in the IT business for 22 years in the same company. I'm married for 24 years with the same woman (what a boring life, isn't it?). We have a son (17) and a doughter (15). Music was always very important for me, and now that our company is growing rapidly, I can spend on it at last. I've found NVA somewhere around 2010 when I bought a used AP50 with SSC and LS3 for my Marantz player and Tannoy d80 speakers. Of course I didn't have the slightest idea about the sound, but I "bought the story". It was such a big step up after my Sony amp and "Idunno" cables, that now there was no question what should I buy. The current setup: Isotek Titan One, NVA BMU, Auralic Aries, AQ diamond USB, Chord 2Qute, TIS, TCS, TIS, A80, TSCS, Cube1.
Welcome Kellerist, I'm pretty new HFS too but it seems OK to me so far. There's a lot of hifi knowledge here and not too much, er, negativity that permeates some forums :grin:

charlieboy
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by charlieboy »

Its great to be here. Thanks for having me.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Hi charlieboy. Hope you enjoy the forum.
DIY FREE ZONE

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

charlieboy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:08 pm Its great to be here. Thanks for having me.
Welcome, Charlieboy.

Look forward to chatting...

Paul
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Chunk McDaniel

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Enjoy Charlieboy.