Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I.E. Society was fucked by delusional people = the British, it is our disease in many things inc hi-fi.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Is brexit a symptom of such delusion, also?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Probably. Partly. More to do with being an Island race off a large continent. Like Japan, island people tend to be eccentric with an odd attitudes to neighbours.

There has always been an enemy "over there", be it Napoleon, Hitler or Jean Claude Wanker / Brussels.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 am They can do, that is what both Japan and Germany did after the war. They built from nothing, inward focus, most pulling together.

The stupid feckin British think they are world champions at everything, ego based bullshit "we won the war" the world owes us a living. Us - Workers unite "it is our turn now, lets go and kick the rich bastards".
And when we get world champions a bunch of stupid politicians try to destroy them aka Bradley Wiggins and Mo Farah. Self destruct stupidity among politicians and fawning to certain factions such as press or unions depending on which party.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

You will find plenty of people calling Wiggins a cheat.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

In order to win their events Wiggins and Farah had to engage in blood / chemical enhancement. Same as Bolt in the 100 metres.

I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing. It's just the way things are.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

So, following Theresa May's and Michel Barnier's speeches, I'm a little confused as to what Brexit is for...

We will 'diverge' from EU regulation but voluntarily 'align' with EU regulation...
We will have control of our own fishing waters but enter into reciprocal agreements (that are much the same as now)...
We will have tariff free trade but not completely friction-less...(a small worsening of what we have now)
We hope that the City of London will not take too much of a hit...(likely a slight worsening from what we enjoy now)
We will have control of our own borders but will still need migrant labour at around the same level...(and no system yet in place to manage it)
We will continue to pay £billions per year to the EU for access and agencies, but not have a say in new treaties / policy / regulation...

Of course, these are only opening gambits, but, if I had voted for Brexit I would be asking myself...'what has really changed?'

What do you chaps who did vote for Brexit think?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

The Bropera (Brexit Soap Opera) continues...

Something of substance might happen in the next 3 months...

Parkinson's Law applies, with the time taken to sort Brexit out filling up the time available to do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fun ain't it.

I am hoping this makes the Parliament change and become more democratic and not just party robots. Members need to do the job, the executive has failed. Have a series of votes on alternatives and see if any of them get a majority, if that fails then it has to be a second referendum.

I really like the fact that Tory MPs are becoming more individual, it needs the Labour MPs to do the same and release the shackles of the Unions and the desire for slurping power. A more open and less party controlled Westminster would be a very good thing. I am hopeful changes are afoot, especially proportional representation, as that creates the need for consensus instead of a new dictatorship every four years.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

This takes me back to my O Level in British Constitution and the supremacy of Parliament. This situation was theorised and has now come about. The executive simply cannot do what it likes without the consent of the legislature. The EU will not agree to any other deal so it is a case of stay in or out with no deal. A no deal will not get through Parliament, by what ever means, probably non approval of the Finance Bill, which means we will remain. A second referendum will rubber stamp this.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc